LED Rider Mini Lights Install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 31223

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Installed the lights today - Used the skene IQ-170 without any Switch pretty standard install nothing much to show that hasn't been shown 100 times before of the install

Install took about 3 hours all in, will try them out tomorrow morning

Had things to do after the install, oh and wait for it to get dark, then upload photos and finally check they were public ( started using MS skydrive so had to learn that too) !

Anyway no great pictures had to do this with my iphone as the camera wasn't charged but from head-on pretty bright, I pointed them down a bit , will mess with aiming over the next few days

IMG_1079%5B1%5D.JPG

Turned on before bike starts

IMG_1085%5B1%5D.JPG

low beam 20%

IMG_1078%5B1%5D.JPG

full beam - 100%

IMG_1077%5B1%5D.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I did post in the dealer feedback, but I must have screwed up, cos it didnt seem to post. These are the lr10, from ledrideR.com , group buy,

https://ledrider.com/shop/?model_number=LR10

In case that was the question above

Justin did extend the leads to 3 feet for me, and the length was just right. Good service , would do business with him again.

Hope you don't mind a bit of a hijack Gbjbany, but I also just mounted some aux lights and thought I could show them off here so I don't need to start yet another thread on the topic.

Denali 1s up top and Clearwater Darlas down low. Denalis are always on; Darlas on with high-beam only.

At the inquest the cage driver that got me will not be able to say, "I just didn't see him."

IMG_0817_zpsd774a85f.jpg

well after 2 mornings of riding in the dark (20% only) , i have to say i like them - they seem to make all the reflective signs, cones, etc all shine that much more, - i did turn them downwards again as i got a couple of flashes on the first day means i light the road 10 feet in front of me very well ! - but all in all pleased as the need was more visibility of me and the bike at night not so much view down the road - i haven't tried 100% during the day yet, that will be this afternoon - but hope i don't get more flashes

well after 2 mornings of riding in the dark (20% only) , i have to say i like them - they seem to make all the reflective signs, cones, etc all shine that much more, - i did turn them downwards again as i got a couple of flashes on the first day means i light the road 10 feet in front of me very well ! - but all in all pleased as the need was more visibility of me and the bike at night not so much view down the road - i haven't tried 100% during the day yet, that will be this afternoon - but hope i don't get more flashes
If you can have someone else sit on the bike when you aim them, that helps. Have someone sit on the bike, lay a straight edge on the ground under the lights, then raise it up straight to the light. That will help you get a good flat aim.

Latest posts