Leo Drolet's highway pegs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
title pretty much says it. Thanks in advance.

Thanks George, will PM you.

I saw a couple of pictures... but not really what I'd be looking for. Can someone clarify how they mount? I'm really not interested in offsets or anything.

I am taking my Wild Bill brackets off. 'Tis is the 2nd time that I had them breach the stator's seal in a simple drop. Not taking anymore chances on them ripping either side of my engine off.

Would these be the ones that go in Skyway sliders?

If so I just mounted up a pair a couple weeks ago... I'll snap some pix if need be but I thought there were some on the board already.

So far I like em. I still have my wild bill shin bashers mounted (no extenders) and I may take those off at the next oil change.

I guess that's accurate, Matt. I didn't realize that they are made for Skyway sliders, though. I may need to change my plans. I have R&G sliders.

I guess that's accurate, Matt. I didn't realize that they are made for Skyway sliders, though. I may need to change my plans. I have R&G sliders.
If the inside hole diameter is the same they'll work. He might also have other models...

They are ugly as hell, but they sure are effective.

I'll snap some pics tonight....

Clicky...

and

Clicky

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the threads in your links. Grassy Ass!

I'm still not sold on them, yet. I have a problem w/ the structural integrity. I mean, I'm almost 100% positive that the sliders aren't there to mount stuff to. Putting stuff there bothers me. I am researching my options, though. It is possible that I won't be putting anything back on there & dragging my legs straight down or standing will be my method of leg stretches.

That is very sad, too. I loved my wild bill brackets 99% of the time. It's that 1% that bothers me. I do all of my mountain riding hundreds of miles away from home & I really don't want to chance getting stuck because my stator got ripped off because of the WB brackets.

I have first hand witnessed the possibility of this happening.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the threads in your links. Grassy Ass!
I'm still not sold on them, yet. I have a problem w/ the structural integrity. I mean, I'm almost 100% positive that the sliders aren't there to mount stuff to. Putting stuff there bothers me. I am researching my options, though. It is possible that I won't be putting anything back on there & dragging my legs straight down or standing will be my method of leg stretches.

That is very sad, too. I loved my wild bill brackets 99% of the time. It's that 1% that bothers me. I do all of my mountain riding hundreds of miles away from home & I really don't want to chance getting stuck because my stator got ripped off because of the WB brackets.

I have first hand witnessed the possibility of this happening.
As far as structural integrity. I'm not a mechanical engineer but did work as a machinst in my early youth for a few years.

I can say with out a doubt that if properly installed in the aluminum sliders (which I still use) that they are stronger than the Wild Bill Brackets. You aren't going to bend anything by using them simply as foot/leg rests. If I push on the Wild Bill set up, the flex quite a bit.

However, in a crash, all bets are off. I already have the aluminum sliders and have come to grips with the fact that anything other than a tip over will probably break an engine mount and cause my bike to be totalled. That's why it's insured.

During the VOID my dad dropped his RT in an Arby's parking lot.... $3000 later and it's back together.

I think the same or worse can happen with the Wild Bill Pegs depending on how things fall. It's a calculated risk.

I would think if people can drill holes in the sliders and use them as mount points for trailering, a little leg rest action wouldn't hurt them a bit, regardless of the material their made out of.

-MD

Thanks George, will PM you.
I saw a couple of pictures... but not really what I'd be looking for. Can someone clarify how they mount? I'm really not interested in offsets or anything.

I am taking my Wild Bill brackets off. 'Tis is the 2nd time that I had them breach the stator's seal in a simple drop. Not taking anymore chances on them ripping either side of my engine off.

Would these be the ones that go in Skyway sliders?
If so I just mounted up a pair a couple weeks ago... I'll snap some pix if need be but I thought there were some on the board already.

So far I like em. I still have my wild bill shin bashers mounted (no extenders) and I may take those off at the next oil change.
If you either of you take off your WB brackets, I may be interested in taking them off you hands. Let me know.

Latest posts