Leo Vinces-'06A-Installed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam

Reaction score
Purchased set of titanium Leo Vince slip-ons for my '06A model from Jeff at Sport Bike Effects. Installed last night and the fit was perfect. No problems and took less than an hour. The sound was exactly what I was looking for--deep throaty sound at idle and gointg thru gears. At speed did not appear to be any louder than stock; which may change with time. Jeff was great to deal with. If you have any doubts about them fitting an '06, DON'T. These were perfect.

Thanks for the report.
Any performance gains?

That is hard to define since the bike already has so much power. Very smooth and responsive with new exhaust. As far as actual hp gain I am guessing they would be like other brands with maybe a 1 or 2 hp increase.(saved about 10 pounds in weight). This is not what I was looking for. The sound clip Jeff has on his site for the FJR is what I wanted. And that sound is what you get!!! They did not hurt the performance that I can tell, even without a power commander, which I probably will add sometime in the future. I really do like them. On my way out the door this morning I had to start the bike just to listen to the sound. About to drive wife crazy; did same thing when I came home tonight and scared her to death. Really love the sound.

Thanks for the report.
Any performance gains?

That is hard to define since the bike already has so much power. Very smooth and responsive with new exhaust. As far as actual hp gain I am guessing they would be like other brands with maybe a 1 or 2 hp increase.(saved about 10 pounds in weight). This is not what I was looking for. The sound clip Jeff has on his site for the FJR is what I wanted. And that sound is what you get!!! They did not hurt the performance that I can tell, even without a power commander, which I probably will add sometime in the future. I really do like them. On my way out the door this morning I had to start the bike just to listen to the sound. About to drive wife crazy; did same thing when I came home tonight and scared her to death. Really love the sound.
:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yeh the bike is faster braaaaaaap braaaaaaaap see I told you so.

The Leos seem deep and throaty and not obtrusive at cruise and appear to be a good choice. Holeshots and dd will deafen you. Staintunes with baffles are quieter but you don't have to leave em in. I think the Leos sound a bit like an M4 not that I have heard an M4 on a FJR yet! Got em on a V11 and they are nice.

Hell yeh the bike is faster braaaaaaap braaaaaaaap see I told you so.The Leos seem deep and throaty and not obtrusive at cruise and appear to be a good choice. Holeshots and dd will deafen you. Staintunes with baffles are quieter but you don't have to leave em in. I think the Leos sound a bit like an M4 not that I have heard an M4 on a FJR yet! Got em on a V11 and they are nice.
Sooooo .... where can we see and hear the LEO's, bro?

BAGGER

Hell yeh the bike is faster braaaaaaap braaaaaaaap see I told you so.The Leos seem deep and throaty and not obtrusive at cruise and appear to be a good choice. Holeshots and dd will deafen you. Staintunes with baffles are quieter but you don't have to leave em in. I think the Leos sound a bit like an M4 not that I have heard an M4 on a FJR yet! Got em on a V11 and they are nice.
Sooooo .... where can we see and hear the LEO's, bro?

BAGGER
Checked their site and didn't see any for 2006 FJRs ... only '04s and '05's. Anybody see any for the '06s? Plus, I'd love to see a set on a bike as well. Free standing slip ons is not gonna make me pull out my check book.

BAGGER

Checked their site and didn't see any for 2006 FJRs ... only '04s and '05's. Anybody see any for the '06s? Plus, I'd love to see a set on a bike as well. Free standing slip ons is not gonna make me pull out my check book.
BAGGER
My site now list the Leo's for the 06 & 07. This is due to the fact that our own forum member Sam did the research. I have yet to inform Leo Vince as they did not return my phone call today.

Leo Vince Slip-ons at SportbikeEffects

Note discount information below.

7192.jpg

Purchased set of titanium Leo Vince slip-ons for my '06A model from Jeff at Sport Bike Effects. Installed last night and the fit was perfect. No problems and took less than an hour. The sound was exactly what I was looking for--deep throaty sound at idle and gointg thru gears. At speed did not appear to be any louder than stock; which may change with time. Jeff was great to deal with. If you have any doubts about them fitting an '06, DON'T. These were perfect.
Are these the "EVOII" slip-ons? Are you running with or without the removeable silencers, Sam?

How about those pics, please?

Are these the "EVOII" slip-ons? Are you running with or without the removeable silencers, Sam?

They are the SBK slip-ons and I am not running them without the removeable silencers. If the weather improves this weekend, I may try them without the silencers just to see and I will take some pictures if possible. If you are seriously considering the LV's, check out the group buy that is being put together. May get a really good deal!!!!!!

They are the SBK slip-ons and I am not running them without the removeable silencers. If the weather improves this weekend, I may try them without the silencers just to see and I will take some pictures if possible. If you are seriously considering the LV's, check out the group buy that is being put together. May get a really good deal!!!!!!
Go to third topic below this one "WHICH SLIP-ONS TO...." And E1Allen has posted pictures of titanium LV's on his 06; Identical to what I have!!!!!!!!