Let's Do It Again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airboss

Reaction score
Terry's hosting the annual Moonshine Run again April 10 - 13th. Last year I rode down and back on Saturday, it was a weather adventure, rain, sleet, snow, It was great.

So how far will you guys ride to eat a burger, last year the winning milage was 1800+

Terry's famous words, "If you don't make it to Moonshine,,, you ain't a Motorcycle Rider,,, your just a Motorcycle Owner!!!"

Moonshine Run

Might be a good opportunity for a spring iron butt ride. 1120 miles for Moon Burgers!

Maybe I will arrange a group Iron Butt Moon Burger Run! Scab, Trimmantom, Fencer, Calimus, Ngarider, etc.. Are you guys in? B)

Might be a good opportunity for a spring iron butt ride. 1120 miles for Moon Burgers!
Maybe I will arrange a group Iron Butt Moon Burger Run! Scab, Trimmantom, Fencer, Calimus, Ngarider, etc.. Are you guys in? B)
Awesome, JUST DO IT!!! Jwilly, there will be plenty of Iron Butt members to sigh off on you paper work. :exhappysmiley:

Plot the end of the ride for the Comfort Inn in Casey, IL, if you plot Moonshine on your GPS it's going to send you to the middle of a cornfield, or many it's beans this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
80 days to Moonshine, 103 riders have sighed up already. Only four FJRs, a horde of ST's and Goldwings, highest mileage to eat a hamburger belongs to an ST1100 from Kingman, AZ at 1650 miles. :clapping:

How about some of you west coast riders wouldn't ya like to come out for a burger and experience the trill of long flat straights with right angle turns at the end.

Down to about 30 days to go! to quote the Moonshine herd dog.

"WE ARE AT 300 RIDERS!!!

MOONSHINE UPDATE!!!

302 Riders,,,

270 Bikes,,,

90,583 total miles 1 way,,,

181,166 miles round trip,,,

2,196 miles 1 way farthest rider so far,,,

300 mile average 1 way so far,,,

73 eating at my house on Thursday,,,

97 showing up for lunch on Friday,,,

168 for Supper Friday night at Richards,,,

107 for Breakfast Sunday,,,

30 States + Canada coming so far!!!

33 days to go!!!

Check it out and get signed up now!!! https://moonshine-run.com

Terry "Two Wrecks" Hammond

12 Miles from Moonshine..."

Can we get some more FJRs there??? I would like to get some group pictures in front of the Moonshine store for TWN's everywhere album, I'm planning on being at the Comfort Inn in Casey, IL. (Moonshine HQ) by 10 AM Friday April 11.

More stuff planned! This is going to be one awesome weekend.

*NOTE - Updated March 13, 2008

Once again, this isn't just a one day event. The main event will still be Saturday April 12th, 2008, but other things will be planned during the 10th - 13th.

Thursday April 10th - Cookout

5 - 10PM is a cookout at Terry's house where you bring nothing. He furnishes it all. He furnish it all for free. There will be Brats, BBQ and Pork Loin along with side dishes, iced tea, coffee and dessert. Can't beat that, can you? Here is a Map to his house. *Note - The map shows the house number as 490. This is to show the physical location of the house. His house number is actually 410. I could let Terry step in here and explain this, but I'm afraid I don't have enough bandwidth and he may run out of gas telling you the story. Park out along Main Street as it is the "National Road" and the Casey street lights will really make this look so cool. Sign in will begin and and continue until noon on Saturday. If you don't sign in, we won't know you showed up. Long distance rider awards will be presented to the ones who make this event at Terry's house between 7:30-8:00PM.

Friday April 11th - Lunch, Ride and Dinner

Noon, Sharp! We will leave the Comfort Inn parking lot in Casey and ride up to the Coles County Airport between Mattoon and Charleston to eat a "Elephant Ear Sandwich". Trust me, you will talk about this for a long time as pilots fly into here from everywhere just to eat there. Tim Yow has taken charge of this and will lead us on a scenic way home with some interesting sights on the way. Well, worth attending! We will be stopping off on the way up at a New/Unique/Old place that just opened. The Oilfield Store is open and we will stop in briefly on our way to eat the Elephant Ears.

Between 6:00 - 9:00PM, we will once again meet at Richards Farm Restaurant in Casey, IL. This place has great food and is always a great time socializing. We will have an "Awards Banquet" during the Richards Farm meal. We will shoot for 7:00PM. We will highlight the Iron Butt Association Members, past Iron Butt Rally riders, those who rode over 1,000 miles round trip, 1,000 miles 1 way and 2,000 miles 1 way to Moonshine. Everyone will get a chance to show how far they rode and we will end with the Longest Distant Riders of all. It is a "Must Make" if at all possible! Here is a Map.

Saturday April 12th - Moonburgers!

Starting at 7:00AM, come by the Casey Comfort Inn/Moonshine Headquarters. Everyone come by and sign in for the door prizes to be given away. If you don't get signed in, you are not an official "Moonie"! Sign up will end at noon Saturday. Make sure you are on "The List'" before it is to late. Here is a Map.

Free coffee and the sweet roll lady will once again be there selling delicious sweet rolls. She will be set up at the Comfort Inn. She donates her time, ingredients and all money taken in goes to the Moonshine Mission Fund. She will only be there from 7:00 - 9:30AM make sure and get there early as these are GREAT. Make sure you thank her for all she does!

At 8:30AM, there will be a "Blessing of the bikes" in the Comfort Inn parking lot. Thanks to CMA Chapter #836!

Between 8 am - 10 am, We will have a "Long Distant Motorcycle Show". At least, we will showcase bikes that you just do not see everyday. All will be chosen by a very elite panel that will showcase Long Distant bikes and their riders. It will be at the Comfort Inn and we will have 20 or so bikes that will show the clever ways Long Distant Riders make their bikes able to ride such great distances. Also, this will be a GREAT opportunity to chat with some of the "Unique" riders that can span the country in days and keep going for weeks on end. This will be great and we all can learn a trick or 3.

We will start sending groups of people down to Moonshine with 'guides' to get us all there starting around 8:30AM and about every 30 minutes until the last group leaves at 11:45 AM. If you go straight to the store, here is the Map.

At 12:30 - 12:45, We will once again have an "Awards Banquet" at Moonshine. Remember, Helen will serve food until 12:30 pm or until the line finally dies out, but lets try and get ordered before 12:30PM SHARP like Moonshine is famous for!

Between 6:00 - 8:00PM, because of having so many people wanting to eat together, the Firefighters in Casey are going to put together a great meal for a great cause. We didn't have a place to all go and eat Saturday night and most wanted to stay local so they can visit. We can park on Main Street under the very cool Casey street lights and the School/Community Center will be set up for us all.

Here is the update straight from the Fire Chief in Casey, Jason Garver:

Everything is a go for Saturday night the 12th of April. We will be serving Blueberry/Cranberry Salad, Roast Turkey Breast, Roasted Pork Loin, Buttered Sweet Corn, Home-Style Green Beans, Homemade Chicken and Noodles, Real Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, Chocolate Texas Sheet Cake, Plain white dinner rolls, Tea and Lemonade.

The cost to eat will be $12.00 per person with money going towards the Casey Fire Department’s building fund. We will probably have a 50/50 drawing too.

*NOTE - Since this was just put together, please email HERE if you plan on attending. This way we can add you to "The List". This could be a really cool deal. No matter where you are staying. Terry 109% assures you that you will want to be at this as it will be a good time, in a good spot with tons of cool bikes parked on the "National Road" under the cool Casey street lights along with great food for a great cause. Next year, I will have this on the registration form.

Sunday April 13th - Breakfast

Between 7:00 - 9:00AM, I am having another "Cook-out", but this time at the Comfort Inn. How does this sound for a menu? Sausage Patties and Bacon cooked on a grill, Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Gravy. Biscuits which you can have a Sausage patty biscuit, Biscuits and Gravy or just a Biscuit. Any Left Over Sweet Rolls from Saturday, we can heat and eat. Cost? Free! Ok, we might have a hat to toss a $ or 3 in, but way cheaper than a restaurant. Plus, we get to all be together and have plenty of room to kick tires.

Sunday Church Service 9:00AM - Comfort Inn

We will have a very laid back and very short(10-15 Minutes) Church service held by fellow bikers in the conference room at the Comfort Inn.

Times might get tweaked. Well, this is Moonshine and as far from a professional schedule as possible... LOL!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
21 Days, I'll enjoying great company and great food. I'll be feeling bad for all you that missed this again..............NOT, but thats just me. :rolleyes:

15 Days till Moonshine. You don't want to miss this one. The Sights you Will see!

IMG_0094-1.jpg

I'm goin and takin my son. He'll be ridin the SV and I am taking the FJR.... First Father Son Motorcycle trip. Went two years ago. good times.