license plate helmet locks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, works good, some like their locks there (with helmet hanging from it), some don't

other choices:

helmet lock(s) on the bar ends:

www.barender.com

google search: barender site:fjrforum.com (?????? site:fjrforum.com)

helmet lock(s) on the sides of the bike using the frame:

you need the helmet guardian to move the locking tumbler assembly(s) to this unit

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=2399

there's also cable locks and inexpensive ways to lock a helmet (cable around seat, etc)

google search: helmet lock site:fjrforum.com

Copy this: +helmet +guardian +lock and paste it into the Search box, ~90% of the 2 pages of hits will be relevant. It looks like the Guardian is once again using a Yamaha style key so they can be rekeyed to take the same key as the ignition. Cycle Gadgets is the more common web site to order this item from.

Edit: I see Mike and I posted at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same locks re-keyed to match the bike and mounted in a different location.

DSC_2385.jpg

You would! Shiny, dangling hoops.....they look like ear rings.........

.....except they're on the butt of the bike. :eek:

End of hijack!

I've used the Helmet Guardian for years and I've never had a problem with it. My helmet will touch the muffler, especially when the bike is on the sidestand, but I've never had a "burn" issue.

You (Not Barb, strike 3) could also look here: helmet lock site:fjrforum.com for other options.

I have that helmet lock and love it. The helmet will touch the pipe but, I use a small bungy to get the helmet to hang dead center. No touching! :)

has anybody tried this type of helmet lock on the Fjr?https://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...gory_Code=Locks
This will never happen to you. But it did to me. 3 years ago at a rally in a small town My helmet strap was cut off in town using one of these "D" ring locks that came on a Ducati I just bought. What on earth could they do with that helmet?. Only choice, Snow board helmet at a ski shop -- till the next big town. Good news it was an old Shoei.

Anyway, look at Pacsafe.com. I got the Pacsafe 200 no key needed about $17.95. Retractable cable 36" long. Can be feed through full face & sleeve of jacket and grab rail. Just a thought.

0072001800008_215X215.jpg

Available at WalMart for 15 bucks :)

I have a Givi rack and just lock it to the mount, but you can lock it to the rear grab rail or loop it through a frame member...

just a lil hijack for a free solution for Gen I:

there's a tab on both sides at the bottom and rear of the tank which is uncovered by removing the seat.

(as I recall, it's not there on Gen II)

it's enough to hang the d ring over the tab and replace the seat which covers the d ring up for security

3448159967_3004bf44a6.jpg

3448159969_2c6dc00632.jpg

3448159973_a7963f875f.jpg

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'