Liftrack

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V GER

Reaction score
click this--> LIFTRACK <--click this

I need a lift and this one looked interesting, albeit a bit $$$$$$$$$$$.

any jack/lift that depends on the frame to lift a bike will play hell on ease of use for the FJR due to the fairing lowers and how they wrap underneath.

I have a Harbor Freight "jack" that sits unused since getting the FJR. It worked great for the Wing (where it could lift on the frame tubes). I've been looking at a lift (instead of a "jack") along the lines of the Handy lift (Handy Industries). It is of the same style as the Panther.

handy

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's mine. Made in Europe and was distributed by Snap-On until a couple of years back. Very high quality piece, extremely sturdy and down right cool looking IMHO. I bought from a member on KTMtalk.com who just happened to be at the right place at the right time and snagged quite a few of these. He may have some left if you're interesed. His name is Larry Jante @ [email protected]. He's in Wisconsin, so shipping might be an issue as the lift probably weighs about 600 lbs.

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

After 15 or so years of doing maintenance on bikes without a lift, I can't say enough how this is by far the best money spent if you work on your own machines. I paid about $750.00 for this lift and wouldn't take $1,000 for it now!

Good luck,

seems like the first one has limitations:

1) On a rail so you couldn't use center stand

2) Requires tie downs so you couldn't lift front wheel

any jack/lift that depends on the frame to lift a bike will play hell on ease of use for the FJR due to the fairing lowers and how the wrap underneath.
I have a Harbor Freight "jack" that sits unused since getting the FJR. It worked great for the Wing (where it could lift on the frame tubes). I've been looking at a lift (instead of a "jack") along the lines of the Handy lift (Handy Industries). It is of the same style as the Panther.

handy

That looks like the same price as the Handy "power lift". Looks like a Handy, sold by Handy, NOT advertised as "Made in USA" like other Handy lifts.

https://www.handyindustries.com/shop/produc...amp;D=5&S=0

I have a standard Handy lift and looking to add a second one to the shop, with the drop out. My recommendation is to get one with the drop out on the tail end from the start. The Handy is a lifetime, and then some, sort of product. I can't say that about the import lifts I looked at prior to purchasing. A friend of mine experieced his first problem with his first Handy that he purchased 15 years ago, a seal on the hydraulic unit started to fail. One call to Handy and they sent him a complete rebuild kit for the hydraulic unit at no charge, no questions asked.

No financial interest in Handy, just really happy with their product.

PTP

click this--> LIFTRACK <--click this

I need a lift and this one looked interesting, albeit a bit $$$$$$$$$$$.
I have one of these...

https://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?...UseBVCookie=Yes

It has a lock so that you can leave it up.

And it does work on the FJR... I can't use a flat lift cause i have no center stand...

Very easy to move, too...

took a 2nd look... mine came with the motorcycle/atv adaptor.... for the higher price....

Mary

krashdragon, how does that Sears lift work with the adaptor? Where does it lift the bike from, do you have any pics with your FJR on it?

My vote goes to the Handy Lift. It is more money but compare that to what you are putting on top of it. I have one here and the next one will be the larger size with the drop section in the back. There is nothing better than the right tool for the job.

My vote goes to the Handy Lift. It is more money but compare that to what you are putting on top of it. I have one here and the next one will be the larger size with the drop section in the back. There is nothing better than the right tool for the job.
+1 on the Handy. I bought a B.O.B (1500 lbs.) at the Seattle show last year (special show pricing, oh yeah!) and could not be happier. I also bought the 4-wheeler "wings" but hardly use them. The Handy lift is very heavy duty, well made, easy to use. Any small air compressor should power it.

dougc