Light brackets for Hella FF-50's on an '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I have a pair of Hella FF-50's that I was going to mount using Gerauld's mounts off the mirrors but he has told me that his don't fit the '06 and he has no plans for making any as of now. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a similar mount? I like the fact that they are up high and that they look fairly OEM.

I would be pretty confident that Bill McAvan willl make them for the '06. I'd ask him at BLM-Accessories.com and report back.

I have them for my '05 and they worked great when I hadd FF50's on as well as the FF200's now. A bit spendy as they're more than the FF50 lights, but ROCK solid.

Well axeman, as luck would have it, a nice gentleman showed up Sunday on his new '06 and he wanted a set of brackets. We ended up making him a set and now I have the templates for the '06 model. I have been busy with making racks, but I could fit in a set of brackets if you want them... Send me a PM. :)

garauld,

I could use a set of light bracket for the PHIDs that I ordered. Looking at the pics of your '03 to '05 bracket the PHIDs should fit?? How about the mounts for the '06, are they PHID compatible??

garauld,
I could use a set of light bracket for the PHIDs that I ordered. Looking at the pics of your '03 to '05 bracket the PHIDs should fit?? How about the mounts for the '06, are they PHID compatible??
I don't recommend my brackets for HID lights due to their heavier mass. I am sure there will be a different design coming from bikejohnny or others. I can make you up a set, but they may bounce too much. :dribble:

Thanks for the honest assessment of your brackets. I've had bouncy lights before, it makes me woozy :blink: