LindaT Custom Tank Bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
So after reading the post by Kaitsdad about the tank bag system he had made by LindaT Custom:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=29523

I decided I just had to have one of these. If you want the ultimate in a tank bag, I think this is the way to go. here are some pictures of mine:

100_0598.jpg

100_0599.jpg

100_0602.jpg

100_0601.jpg

One thing I asked Linda to do on my bag, is to not put her logo on the outside of the bag. It was just too much for my taste.

After getting the bag system, I realized just how many pockets there were, and how I could very easily loose things in it. I decided to take the spread sheet I use for packing the bike for longer trips, and add a page just for the tank bag. I have been amazed at how many smaller items I can now put in this bag, instead of having them buried in one of the other bags on the bike.

The bag are NOT CHEAP, and the lead time was longer than I wanted, but in the end I think it was worth the money and the wait to get exactly what I wanted.

Nice, Trigger !!

I've noticed that having one of these rigs puts things in a different perspective - I tend to "re-think" how I rig things on the bike now.

Did you get the gizmo option?

Wicked Webby, PM Sent.

Kaitsdad, yes I got the Gizmo section, and had the bag electrified.

There is only one bad thing I have found since I put the bag on the bike. By putting the two pannier pockets on the left side, and adding riser for the handle bars, if I have to turn all the way to the left, the rear left side pannier pocket hits the horn button. Something I need to work on, or just work out.

It does take Linda some time to create a custom item for you, but then again, she makes all of them personally and to your standards. I have one of her fuel cell covers and absolutely love it. I highly recommend her if you want a high quality custom made tankbag or fuel cell cover. if you can dream it up and describe it to her, she'll make it for you!

... I realized just how many pockets there were, and how I could very easily loose things in it. I decided to take the spread sheet I use for packing the bike for longer trips, and add a page just for the tank bag. ...
OMG!!! :wacko: (nice bag though...)

There is only one bad thing I have found since I put the bag on the bike. By putting the two pannier pockets on the left side, and adding riser for the handle bars, if I have to turn all the way to the left, the rear left side pannier pocket hits the horn button. Something I need to work on, or just work out.
Which triple-clamp do you have, and did you also add risers to it? I've got the same bag on order (early June build-date). I'm having Linda add some of the elastic loops set vertical right above the front of the seat so I can do some wire management with them (twin Heat-troller connects, V-1 cord, iPod cord, etc. that will be coming up from under the seat).

Thanks, I'll just have to see how mine works out. I have the Heli-clamp and risers. Right now when I make a sharp left the controls tug off my bite-valve from my Skyway hydration setup that's hanging off the left front of my tankbag. Maybe with my new bag from Linda it will turn on my MC cruise-control instead.

Latest posts