Lock core & key

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dan;

You have to buy the entire lock assembly - it comes with the locking tang. The part number is 5JW-W9451-02-00 or (replaced by) 5P5-28406-01-00 and it is certainly available, though it seems to be somewhat pricey.

Since Ronayers revamped their web site I can't seem to find many of the things I used to there, but I did find it at Rockwall Honda at what seems to be a 'reasonable' price relative to the other prices I've been seeing:

https://www.rockwallhonda.com/fiche_section...&fveh=12870

There is some question as to whether this price is for a single lock or whether it is a pack of three - as were delivered with your machine in the first place.

I got lucky when I needed one - a fellow forum member had one available and I was able to benefit from his generosity.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some question as to whether this price is for a single lock or whether it is a pack of three - as were delivered with your machine in the first place.
I would guess that price is for a single lock. On that link you provided, notice the "#REQ" column reading a quantity of 2

Thanks, I ordered one from Rockwall Honda. Curious to hear if they can get one or 'not yet available' that I got from Zanotti. For now I have a strap around the box.

Not the response I wanted:

Mr. Olson,

We regret to inform you that the part you have ordered from us is no

longer available through Yamaha. We have refunded your card for the full

amount. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us.

Thank You

Rockwall Honda Yamaha

1030 East I-30

Rockwall, TX 75087

(972) 771-MOTO(6686)

Email: [email protected]

Crap!

With both part numbers in hand, I would call customer relations in California at 800 962 7926.

One or the other of the part numbers has to be available - and, if not they can almost certainly tell you when they will be.

I’m considering not pursuing it any further and selling the Yamaha top box and mount. I realize that the factory rear rack is essential in mounting the box mount but I refuse to spend almost $200 on a plastic rear rack. On my Moonshine Lunch Run last weekend, the welds on the rear sub-assembly broke probably because I had used only the 3 mounting points on the tail section. I’d rather spend the money on a Givi mount and box. At least it comes with a lock and key.