Lockable Trailer Chocks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
I am in the process of rebuilding my 8 by 12 motorcycle trailer. I have never trailered my FJR or my other street bikes connie ect. But in rebuliding my trailer I would like the option to do so THE RIGHT WAY. I have trailered dirt bikes for years but never road bikes. I purchased a canyon dancer and have concerns using it. I have been looking a LOCKABLE tire chocks BAXLEY ect. I realize this subject has been discussed before. But I would like recommendations on setting up the trailer for the best "safest" way to trailer my ride.

IMHO, the Baxley chock is the safest way to go. Your front wheel is supported and you put a ratchet strap around the front wheel and through a loop on the chock, and the chock is mounted to the trailer. That front wheel is going nowhere. You take two tie downs and put them at the rear, pulling toward the front of the bike with light compression on the rear spring. If you want, you can add front ties downs as a safety measure, but you don't need it. We towed four bikes to Daytona this year from Minnesota with no tie downs on the front and they were just fine. We also tow bikes a couple hundred miles every month for track days, same thing, no issues.

I trust this setup far more than front tie downs, plus your front suspension isn't compressed. If you choose not to go with the Baxley, a front chock of some type is still your best investment. Keeps the bike stable.

Last edited by a moderator: