Looking for a Good Deal on a Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
It's time to replace my Shoei Multitec, which I've liked very much. In fact, if I could find a new one from a trusted dealer (read: not ebay/craigslist)--at a good price, I'd probably do it. But I can't find one anywhere. Anyway, the Neotec has some features I'd really like, though it's awful pricey. But if anybody here has a Neotec XL that just didn't work out, I'd like to hear from you. Buying used from a forum member would be way better than some mystery seller.

The "official" pricing starts at $584, and goes up, though there were a few sites with a very slight discount, so I'll stick with a vendor I already trust. But if you know about something else, I'd appreciate some help.

I won't decide till after I see what the Shoei rep offers at next month's Progressive IMS, but in the meantime I'd like to know what the best deals out there now are.

I wouldn't mind input about other modulars, but I am fairly securely in the Shoei camp. I know my Multitec fits my noggin, and I think the fit on the Neotec is the same, plus I love the new features. It would take quite a bit to change my mind. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up my Neotec a couple years ago on a show special at the Progressive International Motorcycle show that came through Ohio, Just under $500 at the time and no you can't have it... Just letting you know where I found mine at good price.

I got my Neotec at a few dollars over $500. If you're patient, you'll find a deal. If you want it now, pay the price. Its well worth it. That flip down sun visor is awesome. The air flow going through that thing will amaze you. Enjoy. :)

Paid 580 for mine and thought i stole it. Guess not. Love that helmet. Servin' me well for 2 years now. Hope you've tried one on already so ya know exactly how it fits. I tried mine on at a local store, saved my money for a few weeks, then ended up getting a better deal on one online. Been real happy with it thus far.

Gary

darksider #44

I've had a few modulars, the Neotec trumps them all.... although I never had a Shuberth...... you'll like it. Good air flow, reasonably quiet compared to the others I've had.

I bought mine from a European reseller, so not DOT certified, with ratchet closure not double "D" rings. I had to change the cheek pads (the 35mm pads it ships with killed my face), I purchased 31mm pads for an additional $53, but it allowed me to keep the helmet. I too came from a Multitec and really liked it.

If you get it properly set up, you'll love the neotec. I always had two or three helmets I used throughout the year (RJ Platinum, J-Cruise, and Neotec), I sold everything else and only wear the neotec, I'm that happy with it. Airflow is great and the fit is excellent for my nogin. Just take the time to get the fit right!!! And maybe you can get the cheek pads switched out for free from the seller.

I'm a dealer for Shoei, let me know your size and color and I will let you know.

I'm a dealer for Shoei, let me know your size and color and I will let you know.
Sent you a PM. Thanks.

p.s., Jeff (Geoff?)--thanks for that link. Interesting information that I did'nt have, but it makes me wonder why Shoei would follow up their one modular with a different shaped modular??? I'll be very cautious when I try on the Neotec at the show here in Nov. though.