Looking for a new helmet that will match my 05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like this Arai

araivectorweb.jpg

This one too

81-5080VectorEaglBlu_lg.jpg

Last fall my wife and I were meander down the road when I did a quick mirror scan and saw a YELLOW helmet wwwaayyyy behind me. Slowly the helmet crept closer; next I can resolve a very familiar set of headlights and then a bit later what appears to be FZ1 mirrors. Finally I can tell that it is indeedie a FJR that is catching up. As noted earlier -->my wife and I<-- which is the only reason that the other FJR was catching up. I pulled over to the right side of the lane and waved the trailing FJR past us. As it goes by my wife noted the YELLOW helmet and commented on it. We could still see the YELLOW helmet way in the distance as we shared a common route for miles. When we got home my wife suggested the YELLOW helmet needed a smiley face on the back of it :lol: A few days later I discovered that I had met Fred W for the first time :good: The picture that Fred posted does not do justice to just how YELLOW and highly visible that helmet really is.

My wife and I have traded style for visibility also, she chose a white helmet and I have a light silver bucket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last fall my wife and I were meander down the road when I did a quick mirror scan and saw a YELLOW helmet wwwaayyyy behind me. Slowly the helmet crept closer; next I can resolve a very familiar set of headlights and then a bit later what appears to be FZ1 mirrors. Finally I can tell that it is indeedie a FJR that is catching up. As noted earlier -->my wife and I<-- which is the only reason that the other FJR was catching up. I pulled over to the right side of the lane and waved the trailing FJR past us. As it goes by my wife noted the YELLOW helmet and commented on it. We could still see the YELLOW helmet way in the distance as we shared a common route for miles. When we got home my wife suggested the YELLOW helmet needed a smiley face on the back of it :lol: A few days later I discovered that I had met Fred W for the first time :good: The picture that Fred posted does not do justice to just how YELLOW and highly visible that helmet really is.
My wife and I have traded style for visibility also, she chose a white helmet and I have a light silver bucket.

Hee hee. Somehow I just knew that I was likely to see you post that story, Alan.

Here's a pic of the helmet in natural lighting. That's my handsome son standing in front of Alton Bay, part of big Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire.

2789591910098858932S500x500Q85.jpg

Hey!! Afterall, being alive at the end of the ride is always in style... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gunny on that!

I have a silver helmet for two reasons- a light color is cooler as it reflects sunlight (one study I read said a light color helmet can be ten degrees cooler than a dark colored one) and secondly I don't have to worry about color matching/clashing crap as it goes with all four of my motorcycles.