Looking for a recent past thread pertaining to PC III maps.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No One

Reaction score
Hello,

I have my PC III now installed with the air box mod. I'm aware of about 8-10 maps that I have saved but all of them call for stock air box. There was a gentleman that I recently read that was really happy with the power of his map. Had good power gains but lost some Mpg... I'm looking for that thread or map... I think he had a few mods, (air box, slip ons) I spent about two hours last night looking for it now I need some help.....

Or does anyone have a good power map suggestion...

I do have one more question.... There HAS to be MANY people that have gone and gotten one off custom maps from there Dyno tune shop. There also has to be MANY different set up's. I have to inquire why more people don't post there maps to a "Master general" file so everyone could 'somewhat' pick and choose to meet there criteria....... In the next few months I'm going to get my scooter on the dyno and get a custom map... I will be HAPPY to share it with anyone that might want it..... In fact if we can get the right person involved on the forum I will donate my custom map to start the "share" file.... Or I should say a new 'share' file that might me a specific topic on the forum threads..... I do have this one https://gellenbeck.com/direct/pciii/PC3Maps/ Maybe we can get ALOT more maps for everyone.... just an idea.. :)

I do have one more question....
I have one more question too

What are you doing working on a Power Commander when you have crash bars to finish?

LOL.... I needed a good laugh.... :) I have them done.... After posting Ive only had one person interested in them and then decided to pass.... We can do anything anyone wants... If ya need some just let me know.. :) Ive been working alot,,, and then working on EOM mods.... LOL

Thanks for posting.... This was not the post that I rememeber, but I saved the info and I will try them... I thought I read one that the guy had an air box mod and some slip on's and then had it Dyno'ed and then posted that map.... It was kinda a hot-rod map.... Thanks again !

What are you doing working on a Power Commander when you have crash bars to finish?

LOL.... I needed a good laugh.... :) I have them done.... After posting Ive only had one person interested in them and then decided to pass.... We can do anything anyone wants... If ya need some just let me know.. :) Ive been working alot,,, and then working on EOM mods.... LOL
Are the crash bars for Gen I or Gen II? If they are for a Gen I would be very interested. Pics would be nice also.

Thanks for posting.... This was not the post that I rememeber, but I saved the info and I will try them... I thought I read one that the guy had an air box mod and some slip on's and then had it Dyno'ed and then posted that map.... It was kinda a hot-rod map.... Thanks again !
Dimes to donuts it was Wicked Webby's Dyno run you're looking for. Clickie

I don't recall a map in the thread tho. Of course I could be wrong B)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dimes to donuts it was Wicked Webby's Dyno run you're looking for. Clickie

I don't recall a map in the thread tho. Of course I could be wrong B)

I think "WW" is running good numbers with CO settings... I have the PC III..... :)

Are the crash bars for Gen I or Gen II? If they are for a Gen I would be very interested. Pics would be nice also.

They are for Gen II but I can build anything for any bike, no problem... If you are interested in a set, give me a shout at the shop next week... 817-831-9700 :)

Here's a collection.Don't think it's what you're looking for but.....clicky

Maybe this.

clicky

Thanks Sir, I think this was it.... I searched the hell out of Google and the forum and never came back across this, how did you ? Thanks again!
Of course there's a primer on using the Forum search engine under the board ops forum (or something like that) :unsure:

But the real key to that search feature is knowing where to look. I used the (+PCIII+map) keywords but if you don't put them in the correct forum (tech forum in this case) you just chase your tail.

For the most part I still use the Forum search because it's a challenge to remember where I saw the original post. Sometimes you have to weed through a few pages (this link was on the third).

New members are clueless because they haven't been around long enough to recall the post and often take it up the backside when they post that they searched but didn't find. Don't know if that "disclaimer" is in the primer. :unsure:

Anyways,

Use Goggle and end your keywords with the Forum address fjrforum.com.

Good luck with your map.