Looking for a travel bike cover.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

fjrwayman

What is the best bike cover for using on the road? Maybe something like a half cover for just the top of the bike, something more compact.

I have a full size cover and it's too big to take on trips and i know there's smaller one's out there but i need help here.

Thanks

FJRWayman :D

+ Geza - deal directly with the factory. They have 'blemished' covers that have the full guarantee at half the cost. You can deal the shipping costs too. Sometimes 'blemished' only means that they used more than one peice of material to make a cover and there's a seam. -later

+3 on the Geza. Best cover I've ever owned. If you ever trailer or put your bike in a pickup, it is awesome no-flap cover there too.

I currently use my Nelson-Rigg Defender.... but usually travel solo so I keep the cover stowed in it's included carrying bag secured to the passenger seat. The Giza looks great though.

Used a Geza for years & like it but be aware Water repellant not water proof. A hard rain will go through the cover even if you use scotchguard. Folds small.

They make two sizes, one for it stripped and one for larger windshield, sidecases and topcase. I believe it was an extra large touring. I would call Geza, they are great and will get you the right cover the first time.

Mine was a gift from my wife when I had a Concours. I had a Givi E360 (I think) trunk on the Concours & now the same trunk on the FJR. Also the FJR has a Rifle Touring W/S. It fits fine on my 05. I use a small bunge cord with a couple of spring clips to hold it down under the front faring.