• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for FJR Trailer Hitch

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueKnight

Reaction score
I have a 2010 FJR. I just purchased a Time Out Camper and I need a hitch for my bike. Any suggestions or does anyone have a used one they would like to sell. I don't want a permanent hitch. I want one that is easy on and off. I have been told that a Dauntless is a well make hitch.

I have a 2010 FJR. I just purchased a Time Out Camper and I need a hitch for my bike. Any suggestions or does anyone have a used one they would like to sell. I don't want a permanent hitch. I want one that is easy on and off. I have been told that a Dauntless is a well make hitch.
I don't think you will find any hitch that is easy off easy on. I a UniGo hitch that I would part with for 275. It's built like a Brick Poop House but not easy on easy off!

I beleive you can get a Bushtec hitch for Gen II bikes with a ball instead of the pin style. You will need to call them to make sure.

Panman is right, I don't think there is a hitch made for the FJR that is easy to take off and put on.

I talked with the bushtec people at Sturgis and they told me that on their new hitches the pin is bolted instead of welded. So a guy could switch from pin to ball with a wrench. He even said if I cut mine off then he has a replacement pin that bolts in.

When I did all my searches for a hitch on my 07 FJR Dauntless was the only one you can take most of the hitch off. Four bolts and it is of the bike and then the attaching brackets stay on the bike. It is a very nice set up and well made. I had no complaints about it. I don't have a motorcycle camper anymore or a the hitch. Here are a couple pics of my setup. My camper was the Kompac Kamp

Hitchcamper001.jpg

Hitchcamper006.jpg

I want one that is easy on and off. I have been told that a Dauntless is a well make hitch.
I have a Dauntless hitch on my '05, and removed it this weekend in about 15 minutes (or maybe a bit less). Four bolts and 5 bullet connectors. The only difficulty is that access to the two lower, forward bolts is restricted and takes a bit of patience. For that reason, it's not "easy on, easy off", but it's entirely in the realm of "simple to reconfigure".

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from DENRAY ... it looks just like the one pictured above posted by "Enthusiastically Hopeless" but does not have the swivel ball (I have the swivel on my trailer tounge)

It is a solid hitch and "reasonably" easy to take on and off but the bike looks great with it so I don't know why you'd want to.

My lady has injued her back this last year so I have just put my bike up for sell and will need to go to a Goldwing so she can still come.

The cost of my hitch was $280 and it is 1 year old, I would sell it for $150