Looking for Fuel Cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickcorwn

Reaction score
I've contacted fjrgoodies their response was "We are not offering a aux fuel cell for the fjr." Too bad that's the system I wanted. I also contacted BLM, Bill responded that they were close to having one ready. I sent an E mail off to Samson to see if they've got something "off the shelf" for the FJR, haven't heard back yet.

Have I missed anyone who might offer a ready to go fuel cell for an '06?

I'd prefer a ready to mount system. Right now my time is at a premium. I need it for the Butt-Lite so I don't have a lot of time to fabricate things myself.

I've contacted fjrgoodies their response was "We are not offering a aux fuel cell for the fjr." Too bad that's the system I wanted. I also contacted BLM, Bill responded that they were close to having one ready. I sent an E mail off to Samson to see if they've got something "off the shelf" for the FJR, haven't heard back yet.

I'd prefer a ready to mount system. Right now my time is at a premium. I need it for the Butt-Lite so I don't have a lot of time to fabricate things myself.
Not ready to mount but have you checked with TourTank?

They build to spec.

Not ready to mount but have you checked with TourTank?

They build to spec.
That's got some possibilitys. The main problem I've found is most of the aux tanks come in even gallons ie 4 gal, too small or 5 gal, too big. Tour Tank comes in 4.5 gal. very close to just right. It won't take a great deal of fab work either. Plus it's only 2 bones :D That leaves more money for gas in the tanks

Anyone know what's up with fjrgoodies?

That's got some possibilitys. The main problem I've found is most of the aux tanks come in even gallons ie 4 gal, too small or 5 gal, too big. Tour Tank comes in 4.5 gal. very close to just right. It won't take a great deal of fab work either. Plus it's only 2 bones :D That leaves more money for gas in the tanks
Anyone know what's up with fjrgoodies?
Yep.... the fabricator raised the price of the Top Gun Aux Cell cell, which was already pretty damn spendy to begin with. FJRGoodies didn't feel it was going to be able to move much product at that price to make it worthwhile, so....
shrug.gif

Yep.... the fabricator raised the price of the Top Gun Aux Cell cell, which was already pretty damn spendy to begin with. FJRGoodies didn't feel it was going to be able to move much product at that price to make it worthwhile, so....
shrug.gif
That's too bad. It's nice to have a "go to" place like fjrgoodies for LD hardware.

shrug.gif
That's too bad. It's nice to have a "go to" place like fjrgoodies for LD hardware.
It's just the aux cell that they no longer carry.

ECM Dash Shelfs for pre-2006 models, and Top Gun Light brackets for all model years are still available thru FJRGoodies (though I don't think the first batch of '06 light brackets are back from the powder-coaters yet...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not ready to jump at an aux fuel cell yet but in looking around i noticed sampson's name mentioned. Does anybody have one of their cells and if so how do they like it compared to others. Like rick I noticed blm doesn't have anything for FJR's quite yet. Just thought I'd ask?

You need to get vectervp1's take on Sampson. He dealth with them quite a bit. I think he was disappointed in their customer service, but after a couple attempts, he is now finally using one of their cells.

Long and short of it I was quite disappointed in their customer relations. I doubt I will ever purchase from them again.

The welds look good, and the overall quality is pretty good. I'm pleased with the final product I received, and hope it lasts as long as my FJR does. Also, their "FJR1300" fuel cell did not live up to what was originally stated. In the end I ended up with a custom fuel cell from them.

Also, their "FJR1300" fuel cell did not live up to what was originally stated. In the end I ended up with a custom fuel cell from them.
If you do not mind me asking vectervp1, in what way did it not live up to their advertising? I guess what I'm getting at is did you want something "custom" anyway or was what they were advertising not quite what you were expecting? If I'm going to put the money into one of these bad boys this winter I might just opt for a true custom made unit to MY liking. But comparing their cost to going custom, their price is reasonable compared to the likes of what TOP GUN, DEAN TANJI and so forth are going for in Price. Thanks for any insight.

Mike

I wanted exactly what their web site stated they sold. It however was not what they were selling and they knew it. They even admitted to it afterwards. Their web site has been changed after my dealings with them.

To get what I wanted (and they advertised) they had to build me a one off fuel cell of my design. This solution only came after months of emails and phone calls. Having them make a custom cell will cost you more from them.

Buy from them if you like, but if it were my money I wouldn't.

Thanks for the advice. I knew there was a nice discussioin of cells around and just a couple a seconds ago I finally came across it in the the long distance page. click here There was some good advice regarding Warchilds and Ignacio's that they bought from BLM. Pricey but sound like your not going to get away from that no matter where you go.

Thanks

Mike