Looking for input on tank bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ock913

Reaction score
I was in Daytona for Bike Week on Sunday and visited the booth of a vendor named Twisted Throttle . They sold a unique tank bag setup that required no straps and no magnets. It used a locking ring on the gas cap that was not obtrusive and held the bag tight. You could also get one with 12V power to charge or energize your toys in the bag. With so much going on, I never made it back to talk to them more about it. I just figured I would go to the web page when I got home. Well, the web page is less than informational. I'm not even 100% sure who the manufacturer is. Does anyone know anything about them? Used them? Opinions? I'm not that far from Daytona so if I get some positive opinions, I'll drive back over and see if I can't negotiate one of them good "Bike Week" deals.

Don't know anything about them, but here's a another vendor with the same idea.......

The TankLocker

I have long been considering getting one of their tankbags for semi-permanent local riding. The zippers on the bag have little metal loops so you can lock them with a small lock.

FWIW, I would absolutely :excl: **NOT** :excl: recommend the TT tank bag that you are referring to (Engage Bags Connection). I had this bag on my DL1000 last year in which I put on 56,000 miles (yes, in a year). Because I was on the road and had already wired up the bag and integrated many functions it was too difficult for me to jump ship to something else by the time my dislike grew to complete disdain of the bag. The bag is VERY small (is more like a tank purse) and offers little in terms of function other than the GPS mount, which btw, does NOT become easier to use over time/miles (in terms of touching the screen through the plastic). Parts of the design are very strange...like the reflective piping is on the top and front of the bag (which seems only useful if there is a helicopter above you), and the inaccessible front zipper (unless you are a contortionist or have 3 arms). One other thing, as a high mileage rider I buy my share of parts and accessories, and there are 2 companies which are on my Black List, Twisted Throttle being one of them. :thumbsdownsmileyanim: That said, best wishes on your search, and if you do chose the locking tankbag from TT I hope it provides you with the service you are looking for.

As an aside, I'm running the new Nelson Rigg CL-350 (I think that's the number) magnetic bag on my FJR and am EXTREMELY happy thus far (just under 4k miles). :clapping:

AGirl

You can also check out www.newenough.com website in "street hard parts" for full discriptions if tankbags...

I recently bought the Trial QL with gascap mounting ring and can say I really like it. I never cared much for the magnetic or strap mount bags myself as they seem to offer too many opportunities to scratch the tank. The bag never comes in contact with the tank using this system.

The Trial QL is 23 liters and similar in design to most other tankbags I've owned. It also matches the contours of the FJR tank quite well. I've ordered other items from Twisted Throttle and never had any problems. I'm curious why Agirl has such a low opinion of them?

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2624/451/

7406-500x600.jpg

I just got this nice looking expandable magnetic bag from Nelson Rigg. The bottom zips to enlarge a few inches taller. Nice bag I'll use for longer trip instead of my daily Cortech super mini:

g18039.jpg

Steve