Looking for part number, Windshield Plastic Screw

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
Broke a plastic screw yesterday when re-installing the windshield bracket ( by the way the Skyway spacers are great ) ;) , and guest what it was the last screw!!! :lol:

I would like to order some because they look pretty fragile.

Thanks

The part is listed in the US Yamaha parts catalog as screw, cowling Part# 5JW-28354-00-00. I'm not sure if it's the same part number in the Canadian parts catalog.

NYPete

[SIZE=10pt]if it's the same for '05 and '06 -- the '06 part number is:[/SIZE]

Windshield Screws:

"Plastic" some say nylon, I say Polycarbonate, Polypropylene, or perhaps glass Fiber 50% Reinforced Polyamide. Size (from memory) M5 X 0.80pitch X 25mm

Yamaha P/N: 90150-05024-00 Total: 7 Approx price: 120 Yen (1.00 USD) each

[SIZE=10pt][/SIZE]

(it's in the '06 Bin-O-Facts)

Pierre, how many threads are exposed in the back on the screws that did not break?

Just tell Gary McCoy that you need a handful of the plastic windshield screws... he knows what part number they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Windshield Screws: "Plastic" some say nylon, I say Polycarbonate, Polypropylene, or perhaps glass Fiber 50% Reinforced Polyamide.
Maybe nylon, but definitely not glass filled anything or polycarbonate. The screws are far too soft and are not at all rigid.