Looking for partial tint shield for HJC

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
Not interested in tint pieces that you add to the shield. Hate hard lines in my field of vision.

Dark smoke is too dark for evenings/night.

Managed to dye the upper 1/3 of a clear shield, but can't get it quite dark enough for my taste.

Anybody know where I can purchase a partially tinted shield for HJC CS-12 helmet? Looking for dark tint up top but no hard line.

:(

Not sure if any window tint shop would have anything like that? Might be worth a shot.

Maybe a glass coating shop also?

Most any shop should be able to order them for you. HJC's smoke shield is not very dark and I often wore sunglasses underneath to help me out. I am pretty light sensative though......

I currently have the blue mirrored shield on my AC-11 and it's help quite a bit.

Smoked shields are about 20 bucks....... mirrored about 35.

Scooter

Try googleing "sunblockers". They are a vinyl strip that attaches to your existing shield using static cling. I've got mine mounted on the inside of my shield, have used them for a couple years now and I think they're great , especially when riding into the sun. BTW, they're in the aerostitch catalog but I bought mine for less than $5 from e bay.

Ghost