Looking for some SPF for the bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRJ Jc

Reaction score
I will be commuting to work quite a few times this summer and unfortunatly there are no shaddy spots in the entire lot. I was thinking of using a 1/2 cover during my 9-10 Hr work days to help protect the bike a little.

Anyone have any experience using a 1/2 bike cover and if so which one would be best? I've looked online and found the following: Dowco, Cover Max, Nelson-Rigg, Western Power Sports and even Geza. Just wondering if Geza is really worth the price or if anyone had any great experiences with the other less expensive brands.

I believe the only downside with a 1/2 bike cover is I would have to buy a size that would fit the bike with side bags on or off, there wouldn't be a size that could fit for both application or did I miss something?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, does it work well with and without the cases? Would you have a pic of it on?

Jc

Another one to consider is E-Z Touring covers. I've had one for several years now and it still looks like new. Not the cheapest around, but good quality and pack tight.

--G

I used a Champion full cover (just as easy to put on as a 1/2 cover plus protection all the way to the wheels/tires). Easy on/off with no problem covering the side bags.

It's a motorcycle, not a museum piece. Why worry about it?

<_<

FWIW, when I travel, I stuff a CoverMax 1/2 cover in the bottom compartment of my tank bag. Works just fine and won't break the bank, and adds a little extra security - I put the rear loops through the side bag tab things which lock.

Thanks, does it work well with and without the cases? Would you have a pic of it on?
Jc
first, sorry: I typed a post and must not have hit the add reply button :dribble:

happens when my Altzymers kicks in and I skip my Aricept :blink:

I'm only interested in covering my seat to the windshield (and dash farkles and also tank bag)

I take the big end and cover the windshield and walk it back and tuck it in the back of the pillion seat

The trunk and side cases are not covered which is fine with me as I still have to go in them after the fact when I forget something.

The cover shrinks to a small package in it's pouch and it's quite durable. Has elastic loops that I attach to the sliders and passenger pegs.

I can cover my bike (it's in my garage) and take a few pics if you really want me too.

works for me

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

edit - I haven't posted a pic in so long, I forgot how much a pain it was. Never mind. I was just curious to see how the FJR looked with that cover

thanks anyway!

I can cover my bike (it's in my garage) and take a few pics if you really want me too.
let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
My 03 is still pristine and everything black is still black. I don't use my bike to go to the office, since I can't park it in the shade (I admit that I'm a flaming detailer. And yes, I'm OK with that...).

If you saw the fugly POS I currently use, you'd understand why I'd shirley like to see a pic of yer' get-up :)