looking to buy a sync pro

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean33

Reaction score
B) hello to all. I am looking into buying a motion pro sync tool. The question is , do i need to also get the 6mm adapters for yamaha. i havent read any posts that have mentioned using them. If needed i would like to order them together. Also what are they for. ;)

Dean

Last edited by a moderator:
B) hello to all. I am looking into buying a motion pro sync tool. The question is , do i need to also get the 6mm adapters for yamaha. i havent read any posts that have mentioned using them. If needed i would like to order them together. Also what are they for. ;)
Dean
You shouldn't need any adapters. I've been using one of there mercury carb sticks for years.

Slight thread hi-jack, but not really.

You do not need the adapters.

What I'm not sure about is weather or not you need the in line restrictors. I have them in, and it seems to work fine. But I'm not sure if you need them or not.

Anyone know for sure?

Keith

Yes you need the inserts, or else you will not be able to to the sync. Liquid fluctuate too much. But the inserts come with it at no extra charge. Did mine for the first time a few weeks ago and work very good, after I found that you NEED to add the inserts :)

The inserts are required. As Pierre stated, the values move way to much and way to fast to do it without the restrictors.

Yes you need the inserts, or else you will not be able to to the sync. Liquid fluctuate too much. But the inserts come with it at no extra charge. Did mine for the first time a few weeks ago and work very good, after I found that you NEED to add the inserts :)
Thankyou for the replys. So what im getting from these replies is that there are inserts that should come with the sync tool. but i will not have to buy the adapters, (whatever they are).

Also, I have 7000 miles on my 07,so im going to do the plugs at the same time. What plugs should i get.

Thankyou, Dean ;)

I just used the stock plugs from Yamaha; whatever's in the owner's manual. Good idea to change the plugs. I changed mine at 8,000 and it made a difference; ran better, especially off idle.

If you haven't seen it, there's lots of helpful info on the forum on how to do the maintenance you're going to do.

According to the '07 service req's, you're suppose to check the plugs every 4k, and replace them every 8k.

https://picasaweb.google.com/eworth1116/FJR...368328931663730

Please see link above if interested.

I'll sell my new Motion Pro Sync Pro carb tuner, NEVER USED. Sell for $90.00 including shipping. Since I've purchased the Y.E.S. warranty, I'll leave the throttle syncs to the dealer. Per instructions, it needs to be calibrated before use. Just follow instructions.

Send me a PM if you're interested and have PAYPAL. It comes with the instructions.

Thanks,

E-worth

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts