Looking to Test-Sit a Sargent Seat for GenII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikk

Reaction score
Anyone out there near Baltimore or the neighboring states have a Sargent seat on their GenII I might be able to test-sit?

You are welcome to visit here to sit on mine even though it's a Gen I :blink:

'course I'd love to take a ride to visit the B&O museum and the Aberdeem Ordnance Museum :rolleyes:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

You are welcome to visit here to sit on mine even though it's a Gen I :blink: 'course I'd love to take a ride to visit the B&O museum and the Aberdeem Ordnance Museum :rolleyes:

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'
Thanks for the offer, since I'm not having any luck locally I might have to consider your offer.

Alternatively, I guess I could just order one and try it. I had a Sargent on my ST1300 and was very happy with it. I was very happy with the stock FJR seat until this year. My guess is the stock foam is dying.

R.E. the B&O museum. I haven't been there since I was a child. They had to rebuild the roof a few years back after a big snow storm collapsed it!

I've got the Sargent on my 06 and it's just fine. Certainly much much better than stock. I just did a 2400 mile trip last week and my butt was never an issue even on longer days. Might get a bit tired but never painfull.

It was probably a bit better than the Corbin I had on my old FJ1200 and looks way better than a Russell (although not as comfortable I understand).

It looks great and though I only have the front piece I understand that you can get the Sargent fabric only for the back piece for someting like $40.00

Lets just say I'm happy with it and would recommend it whole heartedly.

How big a hurry you in?

I'm still looking for a used Russel, when I get one you can borrow mine for the cost of shipping to/fro... (though I don't think Sargent charges _that_ much if you send it back.

I've got good rides planned through October, but after that I'd let you borrow it. Problem is you could be snowed in by then :)

R.E. the B&O museum. I haven't been there since I was a child. They had to rebuild the roof a few years back after a big snow storm collapsed it!
We're members of the museum. They did a beautiful job on the roof. They're still restoring many of trains that were heavily damaged from the debris. Should pick a weekend when the steam engine is running.

I'm a bit closer than Louisiana, and you are welcome to test ride mine (on your bike of course!) Just a sit doesn't tell you much. As soon as my butt hits my Sargent seat it feels like sitting on a 2x6. But I can do 3 hours or so before I go numb. I'm not a big fan of it, but then I couldn't do more than 30 minutes on the stock seat without squirming all over the place.

Solo... I live in Morganton, NC just about 75 miles away from you AND I'm lookin' to try the Sargent seat!

mdisher... I bought my '06 with a Russel on it and well... I don't like the Russel.

I have always liked Sargent seats... had one on my VTR, ST-1100 and loved them.

This past weekend I attended www.ridemsta.com 's River City Ride and a friend/member had a Corbin on his '07 so we switched seats for 1/2 a day. I'm not a Corbin fan but sure liked it much better than the Russel Day Long. The Russel is too tall for me AND it's a bucket... I can't move around much and I DON'T like how it feels.

So... I would LOVE to try a Sargent seat AND perhaps even switch/trade with someone with a Sargent... depending on the age of the Sargent and color and fabric.

My Russel has probably 5,000 miles on it. And shows NO wear at all. It looks new and both the front and back set are Russel.

Brick