Loving my new springs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

airbob

Reaction score
I haven't been real happy with the stock suspension on my '09 since I got it and finally decided to upgrade the suspension. Did a bunch of searching and for the money it seemed like Hyperpro front and rear springs were worth a shot at only $300 for both the front and rear springs. Installation was pretty straight forward with a little help from fellow fourm members that have posted the steps for changing out springs. Put the springs in yesterday and went out for a ride today. HUGE difference in handling all the way around. I ordered the springs from EPM Performance and the kit came with fork oil and instructions for set up. The recommended setup worked perfect for me. I'm totlly happy and consider this the best $300 ever spent on a motorcycle upgrade. If any others out there are thinking about trying Hyperpro springs, pull the trigger on it. It does the trick for me.

Steve

I haven't been real happy with the stock suspension on my '09 since I got it and finally decided to upgrade the suspension. Did a bunch of searching and for the money it seemed like Hyperpro front and rear springs were worth a shot at only $300 for both the front and rear springs. Installation was pretty straight forward with a little help from fellow fourm members that have posted the steps for changing out springs. Put the springs in yesterday and went out for a ride today. HUGE difference in handling all the way around. I ordered the springs from EPM Performance and the kit came with fork oil and instructions for set up. The recommended setup worked perfect for me. I'm totlly happy and consider this the best $300 ever spent on a motorcycle upgrade. If any others out there are thinking about trying Hyperpro springs, pull the trigger on it. It does the trick for me.

Steve
Thanks for this advice, I'm thinkin' about it!

I have an 03 with Hyper-Pro rear shock and spring and Race Tech front springs. The race tech are constant rate springs not progressive. I have found them to be better then progressive rate that is personal choice. My rear shock and spring cost was about $1200, I also did the gold valves this last winter on my front shocks. Just my 2 cents worth.

Steve
Please forgive my ignorance on this issue, I'm new. We're able to replace the spring on the stock rear shock? If so, does that retain the stock preload lever?

Know of a couple folks who have installed the Hyperpro spring setup and were pleased with the results...until they got a taste of the aftermarket possibilities. :) Installing decent rate springs on the FJR definitely helps the handling.

Please forgive my ignorance on this issue, I'm new. We're able to replace the spring on the stock rear shock? If so, does that retain the stock preload lever?
'fuzz -- the Hyperpro spring replaces both springs on the rear shock and does away with the hard / soft lever.

--G