Lower handlebars

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curveman

Reaction score
One size doesn't fit all. That's for sure as many folks have changed to aftermarket handlebars/ risers over the years.

Guess what ? I'd like mine lower and forward just a bit. Is anyone familiar with a product that does that ?

Thanks.

Yes, it has been done.

I don't have time to search for the post right now, but I'm sure you could find it by using the various search tools that are available.

I do remember that the thread included photos.

The following was from a discussion I had with 'evilhenchman'. Not sure if these bars can be had anymore, but it may be worth a try.

I lowered mine with clip on's that I bought from Ramblin man's brother in law Scott Mason. He's in (or was a couple of years ago) Cincinatti, Ohio at 859-322-2532. [email protected]

They're completely adjustable for height, sweep, and spread. I like 'em best about 6" wider than stock and well forward.

Here's a shot of the installed bars:

Handlebars009.jpg

Here's one showing comparing the bar mount to the stockers:

Handlebars001.jpg

Here I have 'em as low as they go for serious twistie action. The beauty is that they take all of about 60 seconds to adjust.

DSC00965.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the aforementioned scott mason took measurements and photos of my '07 a year ago or more, said it would take a while. weeks turned into months, and he eventually got back with me that his employer had changed and he would not be able to do it.

the owner of the lowered bars that scott did on the 05 lives here in cincinnati, too, and i have a motorcycle friend nearby who's a wiz with making custom metal pieces, but he's also super busy. i'm going to try and get him to make me a set. it'll cost a pretty penny if he does it, but it's something i've wanted to do for the fjr since i've had it.

dean

cincinnati

Well, that's an interesting look. Seems like they might be the ticket. I'll look for some time to get a call in to the numcers provided.

Maybe someone else has some ideas or experience ?

Thanks.

One size doesn't fit all. That's for sure as many folks have changed to aftermarket handlebars/ risers over the years. Guess what ? I'd like mine lower and forward just a bit. Is anyone familiar with a product that does that ?

Thanks.
It's probably a little premature to even mention this, but I did start a conversation with forum member "No One" about coming up with some lower bars for the Gen II. He seems pretty busy at the moment, but was optimistic about being able to create something. I'll post up if I find out more.

That would be great. I wonder how the 05 owner above liked his bars ? One thing I hoped might change would be the comfort of the stock seat. I thought that might be affected if you rotated off your spine a little more foward. I've got long arms and I think the lower more forward bars could help.

That would be great. I wonder how the 05 owner above liked his bars ? One thing I hoped might change would be the comfort of the stock seat. I thought that might be affected if you rotated off your spine a little more foward. I've got long arms and I think the lower more forward bars could help.
i don't know if it's the same guy or not, but the guy i know that has them (also blue fjr) really likes his.

dean

cincinnati

One size doesn't fit all. That's for sure as many folks have changed to aftermarket handlebars/ risers over the years. Guess what ? I'd like mine lower and forward just a bit. Is anyone familiar with a product that does that ?

Thanks.
Never done it myself. But I have seen an adapter kit the bolts onto the top triple-tee and permits the use of a conventional "tube" style handlebar. From there you can mount any size (low or high) that you like.

- Colin

Never done it myself. But I have seen an adapter kit the bolts onto the top triple-tee and permits the use of a conventional "tube" style handlebar. From there you can mount any size (low or high) that you like.
- Colin
I saw that once too on a UK sight last year, but haven't been able to find it since. If anyone happens by that sight, please post up.

OK ! Now we're talking. I've got qn '04 so this could be an option. I've emailed Spiegler and made some inquiry. I'll post up what I get back.

Thanks.

Let's see what else we can turn up.

This looks like a dead thread. Any current source for Gen 2 bar lowering kit?

Clip-ons or tubular bar conversion, I don't care.

Adjustable would be nice, but fixed-position would be fine too.

Just need the bars lower and further away.

Perhaps a simple temporary fix, or permanent if it works for you.... You could always pull one of the locating pins in the handlebar mount, probably the outside one in your case, and then rotate the bars foward. In my case, I pulled the inside pin and rotated them back. You also have the choice of the three stock locations.