Lowered Rider Pegs - Control Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Lumberg

Merica
Reaction score
For those that have mounted footpeg lowering brackets, did you relocate/adjust shift and brake levers? If so, how. If not, what difference or difficulty was encountered. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I relocated them, it was pretty easy. I also replaced the footpeg feelers with bolts from the hardware store for more ground clearance. You'll need to keep your toes on the pegs when you make sharp turns or you will drag your boots on the ground.

I did relocate my brake and shift levers slightly, but it was no big deal. On the other hand the lowering kit makes the pegs and or the edges of your boot scrape awful easy. My current FJR doesn't have the lowering kit added, but my last two did. I'm happier without it.

Sorry I didn't go into more detail,

For the shifter side, break loose the nuts on the shifter rod so you can make the rod longer. Then take out the bolt clamping the shifter rod to the gearshift shaft coming out of the engine. Pull the shifter rod / clamp off the gearshift shaft coming out of the engine. This will let you lower the shifter, make the rod longer by screwing out the clamp that the shifter rod is connected to. When you have it where you want it, put the shifter rod / clamp back on the gearshift shaft coming out of the engine and tighten the bolt. The tighten the nut on the shifter rod so it can't move and you're done.

For the brake side, remove the one bolt holding the brake pedal to shaft. Remove the brake pedal and re-position as needed. Tighten the bolt up. You will also need to adjust your rear brake switch so that your brake lights don't stay on. You want to move the brake light switch down so that the brake lights are only on when you press on the rear brake.

I used Morotcycle Larry and they do fit Gen III

IMG_0536_zps8p7fznwv.jpg

I used Morotcycle Larry and they do fit Gen III
IMG_0536_zps8p7fznwv.jpg
Don, Next time I am down in the Springs we need to meet up at Apex. I would like to check those out and see how they feel. I have been looking at them but am afraid the right peg sticks out a bit far. How are they in the corners. I had a set of MCL's on my ST and had to be careful in the Canyons going up to Peak to Peak. I did a lot of peg scraping.

Last edited by a moderator: