Lowering links

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmak

Reaction score
After using several different types of lowering links, I found the perfect solution. Soupysperformance (www.soupysperformance.com) sells a turnbuckle style that allows you to lower, then raise the bike again to any height without removing the dogbones each time. Just loosen two nuts on each link and adjust to whatever height you want by turning the turnbuckle. Should make all the others obsolete. I installed them already and they are great. Going on a long trip, few twisties, lots of stoplights (etc.), take your wrench, pop the bike up on the center stand and lower it without having to take anything apart. Going to the twisties? Raise 'er back up again. Infinite adjustment. Very well made and they look great. Less than 100 bucks. After using two different links (Kouba links also) that are a fixed length-these are the perfect find!

Sounds like a great idea, provided they don't slip under extreme load of acceleration or cornering. Keep us informed as to performance with more miles.

very versatile as well...if you are right handed, you raise the right side all the way up and lower the left side all the way down

everyone knows right hand turns feel easier than lefts...this way, it equals out... :blink:

very versatile as well...if you are right handed, you raise the right side all the way up and lower the left side all the way down
everyone knows right hand turns feel easier than lefts...this way, it equals out... :blink:

LOL! That reminds me of a comment that the legendary Orangevale made. There was a hot and heavy discussion about twisties. He suggested that he gets off his bike and walks it through the tighter turns. I believe he mentioned removing one of the gears too, to slow the bike down a bit.

After using several different types of lowering links, I found the perfect solution. Soupysperformance (www.soupysperformance.com) sells a turnbuckle style that allows you to lower, then raise the bike again to any height without removing the dogbones each time. Just loosen two nuts on each link and adjust to whatever height you want by turning the turnbuckle. Should make all the others obsolete. I installed them already and they are great. Going on a long trip, few twisties, lots of stoplights (etc.), take your wrench, pop the bike up on the center stand and lower it without having to take anything apart. Going to the twisties? Raise 'er back up again. Infinite adjustment. Very well made and they look great. Less than 100 bucks. After using two different links (Kouba links also) that are a fixed length-these are the perfect find!
I installed the Soupy's about a year ago -- to raise the bike. Great product in my opinion also.

Sounds like a great idea, provided they don't slip under extreme load of acceleration or cornering. Keep us informed as to performance with more miles.
I will, but won't expect anything to slip. The center turnbuckle is anchored in place by a nut on each end. A visual inspection would show if either moves, but they seem pretty fool-proof.