Lowrance I-250c GPS-any good?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xcsp

Reaction score
A local store is selling the Lowrance I Way-250c gps for $260. Is this model worth considering? I don't need all the bells & whistles, just a good, reliable unit.

A description here from another site:I250c

Last edited by a moderator:
"The Lowrance iWay 250C Color GPS is a 3.5'' diagonal color screen in car GPS."

Don't see where it's weatherproof. I sure don't want to install something that I have to put a baggy around.

A local store is selling the Lowrance I Way-250c gps for $260. Is this model worth considering? I don't need all the bells & whistles, just a good, reliable unit.
A description here from another site:I250c
The Lowrance iWay 250c is having some issues with mapping software and algorithm.

Lowrance is a great company and they will have great products soon, but do youself a favor and test drive a unit in real time before commiting to it. I know in the next few years, Lowrance will come up with a much better unit, for now, they are a marine company that have a extra few bucks to test the PND market with and are not really deep into the design and UI as Magellan, Garmin and TomTom.

You get what you pay for, what do you expect if you can buy a GPS system that normally sell for $349 for only $260? Buy yourself a Garmin, TomTom or Magellan, you may not have as much issues with the unit.

Happy Thanksgiving :)

Thanks for the replies. After I seen that model, seen a few other local shops with some good buys on a few Garmins & Magellan units.

I'm in no big hurry now that my riding season has ended for winter.

I'm pretty sure anything from Lowrance is marine grade and would be weatherproof but there are better options out there. The GPS segment is improving so fast that by next riding season (for you) there will probably be more and better options.