Luma Lock on an '06

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheAxeman

Reaction score
I just installed this Luma Disc Lock on my '06 and thought you guys might want to check out the pics so here they are:

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

DSCF1012.jpg

DSCF1013.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1015.jpg

On the negative side, after about 1500 miles of use the rubber has scuffed off a little bit but nothing serious. It also decreases the amount of distance between the footpeg and the sidestand so its a little bit more of a bitch to get down. However, I find the thing to be pretty handy in instances where I want just a little bit of added security on the bike. The nice thing about it is that if I get on the bike and forget the lock is on the disc, the footpeg is missing so I realize it immediately. I don't normally carry any other security since most of my riding is in fairly rural areas where I am within eyeshot of the bike when it is parked. For $75.00 I figure it was worth it. I'm sure alot of guys would be upset that the footpegs don't match but even on my VFR no one has ever noticed it. Always seems to start up a conversation with people who have never seen it either.