M.A.D.Co Cam Lock Sport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mackeroni

Reaction score
I know, I know... it's all been said before, but I'm gonna say it again. Bill is a swell guy. He shipped the throttle lock to me based on our phone call...before I sent the check.

Oh...and the part is fabulous. Fit, form, function, instructions and ease of installation are all perfect. Best 20 minute farkle on the market. :clapping:

Mine's been on for about a year now with no problems. I'm thinking about upgrading to a cruise control though as I would like something that doesn't require that I adjust for hills.

Mine's been on for about a year now with no problems. I'm thinking about upgrading to a cruise control though as I would like something that doesn't require that I adjust for hills.
I'm going in reverse! I want to simplify (and recoup some $$). I pulled my MCCruise this weekend & replaced it with a $20 Vista :rolleyes: . The Vista works OK (but no where near a "real" electronic cruise). The complaint I have with the Vista is a slight drag on the throttle even when not in use. I'm considering an upgrade to Madco, question is: does the Madco "drag" when not in use? The '08 stock throttle movement is so nice I don't want to hinder it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=8pt]I'm going in reverse! I want to simplify (and recoup some $$). I pulled my MCCruise this weekend...[/SIZE]

Ya got it sold yet?

I still have mine from 06 install. Bill also sent the unit out before I paid. Unfortunatlely I don't get out to the open spaces enough to use it that much. Hard to use in areas of twisties or traffic. Good product. PM. <>< :D

I'm going in reverse! I want to simplify (and recoup some $$). I pulled my MCCruise this weekend & replaced it with a $20 Vista :rolleyes: . The Vista works OK (but no where near a "real" electronic cruise). The complaint I have with the Vista is a slight drag on the throttle even when not in use. I'm considering an upgrade to Madco, question is: does the Madco "drag" when not in use? The '08 stock throttle movement is so nice I don't want to hinder it at all.
The BrakeAway throttle lock does not drag period, when not engaged but...

It becomes an oxymoron when plugged into the first part of your equation. :blink:

Good luck.

I'm going in reverse! I want to simplify (and recoup some $$). I pulled my MCCruise this weekend...Ya got it sold yet?
"
Glory Racing: I'm pretty busy this week so I'll probably advertise on the forum next week. Since its only been installed about a month, I'm trying to figure out an equitable price (plus offer install advice/help!!).

So the question remains: does the Madco "drag" when not in use? :huh:

I'm going in reverse! I want to simplify (and recoup some $$). I pulled my MCCruise this weekend...Ya got it sold yet?
"
Glory Racing: I'm pretty busy this week so I'll probably advertise on the forum next week. Since its only been installed about a month, I'm trying to figure out an equitable price (plus offer install advice/help!!).

Nope. Not at all. Nada drag. None.

Get a MadCo. Drink Jager. Be Happy.

Spent the bucks & went w/ the Breakaway, ...up til four in the morning the day before I left for NAFO getting it installed and functioning [marginally]. Have not yet found the level of adjustment I'd consider really acceptable considering the cost; it either will not hold its position when engaged, or if tightened to the point it will it then requires two hands to engage. Got fairly practiced at the drill while on the trip, but its hazardous & a pain in the butt. I live close to the manufacturer so the next time I'm in their neighborhood, I'm going to wheel by and see if THEY can find the sweet spot!

Spent the bucks & went w/ the Breakaway, ...up til four in the morning the day before I left for NAFO getting it installed and functioning [marginally]. Have not yet found the level of adjustment I'd consider really acceptable considering the cost; it either will not hold its position when engaged, or if tightened to the point it will it then requires two hands to engage. Got fairly practiced at the drill while on the trip, but its hazardous & a pain in the butt. I live close to the manufacturer so the next time I'm in their neighborhood, I'm going to wheel by and see if THEY can find the sweet spot!
The key that I found in setting up the BrakeAway was in the 4 small set screws that contact the plastic throttle tube flange.

Too tight and they bind, too loose and they slip.

When you get the proper equal pressure on them, the unit works as advertised but.....

Vibrations will loosen the screws and the ability to hold the throttle dissolves.

I used loctite on the little bastards and the device holds very well. Later on, I fell under the spell of the G2 throttle tube. I'm not as enamored as some to its benefits but the metal tube did away with the need to have the small set screws tightened to perfection.

Just loctite 'em, crank 'em on down and let the four winds blow.

Good luck.

I love my cam lock sport... it really took 17 mins to install while holding a full

on conversations with someone on another topic!!! this guy makes great stuff and theres no

drilling or mod needed........

"

I have not noticed any "dragging" as you call it. I did, however, have a slight "binding" which caused the throttle to return more slowly than normal. I gave it a squirt of WD40, and problem solved. It works great!!