M5 plastic resin plate for the MONOKEY style box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjr eh

Reaction score
I'm the owner of a couple of spare parts.

Givi 460 and the stock rear luggage carrier off my totaled 2004 FJR.

So I'm think about mounting the Givi M5 plate directly to the Yamaha luggage carrier, has any one tried this?

I was thinking about trying to locate the plate only instead of the SR346 kit.

I don't mind using a dremel, if needed.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not use the E250 mntg. plate from Givi? Works great. About $60.00 from most any Givi source. Mounting hardware included. No dremel needed........

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a plate from a walmart plastic cutting board. It seems to be the same material used on chain sliders.

Bob

There were reports of guys doing this on the Euro board and the rack eventually cracking. The new 06's now have a sticker on them that states " 7LBS max " load for the rack.

I've seen how your pillion takes pics ( riding backwards ! ) so don't trust the Yammie rack, get the real deal bud !!

Good point Highlander. If your going to use the box for a backrest, it might be a good idea to use the SR346. If not, I don't think you'll have any trouble whatsoever as long as you're smart about what you load up top. I use a smaller (Givi E36) top box than many on this site do, and use my top box for bulky, lightweight gear like jacket liners, rain suit, bike cover, etc.. Pack the bowling ball, gold bullion, and the tool set down low! :rolleyes: