Madco Camlock questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mackeroni

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I have used the Vista Cruise Universal and Throttlemeister on previous bikes. They function well, but both have shortcomings. I want a throttle lock (not a full function cruise control) on my 08 FJR, and based on what I read here, the Madco Sport model seems like a good choice. However, I have a few questions...[/SIZE]

1. Is installation easy? Do you have to remove the grip?

2. How does the unit work? Where is the pressure exerted to hold the throttle in position?... against the end of the grip?... or against the throttle tube?

Thanks!

Hey MackRoooni :rolleyes: try this.

Before someone jumps your case, a really cool search feature is to use google. Bring up the google page then type in 'madco site:fjrforum.com' without the quotes. This will show a bunch of good reading material for you.

I can't top DCarver's install post, but agree that it's a great piece.

Easy to install, does the job well, and looks great.

Hey MackRoooni :rolleyes: try this. Before someone jumps your case, a really cool search feature is to use google. Bring up the google page then type in 'madco site:fjrforum.com' without the quotes. This will show a bunch of good reading material for you.
Thanks, DCarver. Just what I was looking for, but could not find. Honest, I had searched a bit before I posted...honest! :rolleyes:

Great product that I added to the 07 FJR. Easy install, no problems and you can see it looks like a factory item..

Big Mex

Great product that I added to my 08. The install was really easy and it does look stock.

[SIZE=12pt]I have used the Vista Cruise Universal and Throttlemeister on previous bikes. They function well, but both have shortcomings. I want a throttle lock (not a full function cruise control) on my 08 FJR, and based on what I read here, the Madco Sport model seems like a good choice. However, I have a few questions...[/SIZE]
1. Is installation easy? Do you have to remove the grip?

2. How does the unit work? Where is the pressure exerted to hold the throttle in position?... against the end of the grip?... or against the throttle tube?

Thanks!
Let's see

1)well posed question

2) formatting and grammar make easy reading

3) "based on what I read here" indicates that a search has been executed,

and in return we get polite and helpful answers. Coincidence?