Magellan gps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
Does anyone own a Megellan gps, I don't know anyone that own one just wondering if they are any good?

Last year my brother-in-law in SC bought a Triton 300 something, he was trying to not get lost in the woods when hunting. He couldn't get it to work so he gave it to me. I plugged it in to the PC and uploaded latest software, worked well inside. Took it outside and it locked up immediately when it tried to locate satellites. I uninstalled everything and tried again, same thing. I tried with the original software, without the updates, same thing. Worse was I could do nothing with it now except turn it on and get the screen to light with a partial menu. I sent in a Support request for help, two weeks later after no answer I sent another one, three weeks later with still no answer I sent another request. The 4th request was a not so nicely worded text about Magellan's questionable hiring practices and I might have mentioned incompetent morons and so on, STILL no response.

That Triton is somewhere in the landfill.

I have a NOS Garmin 2730 and a nice ebay-found Garmin 2720 both for about the same price as the Triton and both work just fine.

YMMV

Last edited by a moderator: