magellan maestro mount?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dean

mst3kguy
Reaction score
hi listers,

anyone using the magellan maestro 4000 gps? if so, what mount are you using? i'm having a bit of difficulty finding one, not sure if it's because it's a newer series, or what.

thx in advance!

I just picked up a Magellan Maestro 4000 from Toys R Us for $219 (Black Friday). The cradle that comes with it is perfect for use with the Techmount. I just ordered it direct.

The question I have is, How can I hardwire a power line to the battery or do I have to get a lighter socket at Radio Shack and connect that to the battery and use the supplied lighter adapter? that sounds cheesy to me and it also takes that accessory away so I can't use it in the car.

The thing requires a 5V 2A DC input. I could make one but someone's got to have something perfect for that. I looked all over. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

I thought about picking up another lighter adapter and gutting it to trim it down.

I looked all over the forum and see a lot of how to mount them but nothing on exactly how to connect them.