maintanence question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmac

Reaction score
Now that I have pruchased a FJR I want to buy some tools that I will need and was wondering what size torque wrench you use . 3/8 or 1/2 inch drive and also what the torque range should be ?

If you have any other suggestions as to what special tools I will need I would appreciate the advice.

thanks

mac

One

Two

Three

All found in 30 seconds by using the word "tools" in the search function. This tip courtesy of the Forum Ol' Timers Association, and your local Brewmasters Union. :D

Thanks Rad, by the way , don't you ever work that must have taken at least 30 seconds for you to answer.

Geez...ask a guy what time it is and he links you to "how to build a watch". Those threads note some of the correct toolage to have. I have a trusty Sears 1/2" drive torque wrench if it matters.

:rolleyes:

Geez...ask a guy what time it is and he links you to "how to build a watch". Those threads note some of the correct toolage to have. I have a trusty Sears 1/2" drive torque wrench if it matters.
:rolleyes:
Fine. You'll find little use for a 1/2' drive torquer, pretty much axle nuts only. You'll get a lot of mileage out of an inch pound 3/8 drive, the rest from a 3/8 pounder. ;) :D

Last edited by a moderator:
FOTA? Shit. Musta forgot to pay my dues or sumpin'.
Must have, cuz FOTA is overt. Now, the Secret Collective of Reclusive Old Timers Association, you won't hear about them. They hang where the sun don't shine...and they're all dern near assholes.

I thought it was the Secret Collective of Reclusive Old Timers Union Managers. And they're not assholes, just close.