Manchester Beach KOA - Camp AND Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A few friends of mine and I are hosting a weekend trip to Manchester for some camping, riding, hiking, whatever strikes your fancy. The more the merrier! B)

April 25 & 26, 2009

Location and directions here:

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/Location...;Directions.htm

This is resort camping at its best, with flush toilets and hot showers. There is a small on-site convenience store that stocks groceries, beer and wine. The pool and hot tub are scheduled to open April 15th.

Shared tent spaces are $9/person for Saturday night and you can pay when you show up. Please do respond to this thread or drop me a PM if you are planning on attending so we can reserve enough tent space. If you want to show up early, Friday night tent spaces are also $9/person.

RV and travel trailer spaces will be under your own reservation and you need to contact the KOA directly - no group rates The KOA has both water & electric only sites, as well as those with full hookups. Both 30A and 50A connections are available.

For those that just can't seem to disconnect, there is limited free Wi-Fi at the Manchester Beach KOA (some sites affected by the trees).

We will supply the firewood for the group campfire, charcoal for the Saturday BBQ and Sunday morning coffee. You bring your own coffee cup & dinner. Don't want to BBQ? You can make use of the KOA Kamper's Kitchen with two electric stove-tops, electric BBQ and three sinks.

KOA Breakfast Sunday morning will be available for purchase at the campground for $8/person.

Not into tent camping? The Manchester Beach KOA also has Kamping Kabins. Contact them directly to make your reservation. Call and reserve your Kabin today, as they often sell out well in advance:

707 882-2375

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/

Two wheels or four, we hope to see you there.

Patrick

Stevie

Tyler

Scott

Sue

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler,

A spring overniter down the coast might be just the ticket

to warm up the bike, gotta check out the weather and

work schedule, Cabin sounds good, clean, DRY!!

will keep this event in mind.

FWFE

Hi Eddie:

Make your rezzie now... you can always cancel! ;)

I'll be riding up Friday afternoon via Hwy 1 with a coupla like minded friends. In the throes of planning a kick a** route for Saturday on some amazing roads in the area. Hope to share a (s)mile or two with ya! :)

Tyler, A spring overniter down the coast might be just the ticket

to warm up the bike, gotta check out the weather and

work schedule, Cabin sounds good, clean, DRY!!

will keep this event in mind.

FWFE

Tyler,

I was just thinking about doing some tent camping with my bike.

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

Count me in!
No%20RV.gif

Caution: Dont even think about driveing your RV on Mountain View Road between Boonville and Manchester. It is a winding road with very narrow blind curves. Take Highway 1 between Legget and the coast only if you are comfortable with narrow, windy, steep, rough roads and are 30' or less.
This looks like my kind of road. :D

Thanks for the invite.

Brodie

No%20RV.gif

Caution: Dont even think about driveing your RV on Mountain View Road between Boonville and Manchester. It is a winding road with very narrow blind curves. Take Highway 1 between Legget and the coast only if you are comfortable with narrow, windy, steep, rough roads and are 30' or less.
This looks like my kind of road. :D
FYI, it is a *very* tight and twisty road, pretty well beat up, and the trench they paved down the middle of it didn't help. But you do get some great views in some spots - and the sense of accomplishment when you make it to the other side. ;)

Look forward to seeing you, Brodie! B)

No%20RV.gif

FYI, it is a *very* tight and twisty road, pretty well beat up, and the trench they paved down the middle of it didn't help. But you do get some great views in some spots - and the sense of accomplishment when you make it to the other side. ;)
Like I said, it sounds like my kind of road. :yahoo:

The description reminds me of Tunitas Creek Road - before they chip sealed a part of it.

Brodie

Okay Gang, I called and left message for Kabin Rental for 25-26th, we shall see what

happens, Gotta be a Kabin, I have not been Motorcycle Camping in 25 years or so,

and would need to go out and buy all new gear, and then of course, shoes to match.

So, if the big utitlity in our area can see fit to keep it together, (not like Salinas this

last weekend) I look forward to meeting you all, hoisting several cold ones and

kicking some tires!

These are nice ride areas, I used to take my girl, now my wife on bike rides from Cloverdale

to the coast on my XS750E back in the very early 80's, ahhh the memories!

FWFE

Notice:

Manchester Beach KOA Campground is fully reserved, no kabins, kottages or

trailers for rent, only tent space,

So, unless I scrounge around a find a tent, comfy air matteress and pump,

I will be forced to abandon the ride, , oh darn, and I wanted so much to

go shoe shopping! JK;) ( unable to learn the emoticom thingy)

I will look around this weekend and see whats available, cuz I really wanna

go for a putt, shoot the breeze w/FJRonamission about XS1100's ..

We will see, and I will advise ASAP

FWFE

how do you do those emoticons?

Notice: Manchester Beach KOA Campground is fully reserved, no kabins, kottages ortrailers for rent, only tent space.

how do you do those emoticons?
I'm pretty sure there are some folks who have room in their Kabins still (I might but I need to check with someone first).

The emoticons should show up in a window to the left when you hit reply or there is a pull down menu at the top of the reply as well (see the little yellow smiley face lookin' at you??). B)

I have the 26foot trailer rented and they say some one can pitch a tent on my site for

$5 bucks ..... not bad.

B.

Manchester Beach KOA Campground is fully reserved, no kabins, kottages ortrailers for rent, only tent space,
They have both tent space, and space for your own RV or trailer. However, no need to book your own tent space - come join our group! I also called them to ask about their rental units - they still have the 5th wheel (trailer) for rent. They did say the 26' travel trailer is booked (I would assume by FJRONAMISSION).

So - if you don't want to find your old tent - you can book the 5th wheel unit and come join us! :D

-patrick

I will be out of state that weekend have a good time without me :(

For those folks that would like to go but need feather beds and an in room jacuzzi.

Just five miles from the KOA is Wharf Master's Inn. Wharf Master's Inn

Terri and I stayed in a Jacuzzi room with an ocean view.

And if you really do want to go - and want one of their on-site cabins - keep checking on-line.

I had a friend just book a cabin on-line - not more then 5 minutes ago. Cancellations do happen. The cancellation policy for the Kamping Kabins is 7 days - so if others are going to cancel - it should start happening about now.......

Cabin.jpg

Ok, So I went around today looking at tents and crap. I am not to old

to try camping again, just do not want to be cold and dirty with out getting

abalone!!

Brian, my mistake, it was another Forum member I had discussed XS11's

and Tyler, I am just a nimrod with computers. ;) although I do have one

in my company truck..

I do want to make this little ride,

:rolleyes: We shall see!