Manufacture Date

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsjb41

Reaction score
I have a 2005 and the manufacture date on it is 7/04. Is this right? The past three bikes I've had have all been made the same year as the bike. I just thought it was a little odd being made a full 5 months before 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's likely right. Remember with 2005 and earlier the model year was a year later than one could get the bike. The 2005 1/2 season represented a shift from year-ahead to current-year system. Mine is an '05 with 7/04 on the sticker and even have a 3/04 on the inside of one of my mirrors.

That's likely right. Remember with 2005 and earlier the model year was a year later than one could get the bike. The 2005 1/2 season represented a shift from year-ahead to current-year system. Mine is an '05 with 7/04 on the sticker and even have a 3/04 on the inside of one of my mirrors.
Ok, Thanks for the reply Ignacio, I was a little freaked out at first.

Don't worry about the date stamped on your mirror. Usually that's the manufacture date on the part itself. So, a 2010 genII could have a mirror that was made in Jan 07 but painted silver instead of Black Cherry (Pretty unlikely, but I'm using extremes to make the point). We use this trick sometimes on certain car parts to help us nail down a car's age to within a couple of years.

Don't worry about the date stamped on your mirror.
Actually, I worry about the mirrors with manufacture dates that haven't yet occurred. If I learned anything from Star Trek it's that temporal causality loops are to be avoided, and if you meet Kirk...phaser fire, unsettling experiences of deja vu, and admonishing time cops are sure to follow. Ick. :blink:

Don't worry about the date stamped on your mirror.
Actually, I worry about the mirrors with manufacture dates that haven't yet occurred. If I learned anything from Star Trek it's that temporal causality loops are to be avoided, and if you meet Kirk...phaser fire, unsettling experiences of deja vu, and admonishing time cops are sure to follow. Ick. :blink:
Dude...You have got to stop drinking in the middle of the day!

Ok, Thanks for the reply Ignacio, I was a little freaked out at first.
This is also covered in the FJR Year Matrix you were suggested when you signed up.
Dude, every time I post something you give me crap. If EVERYTHING is aready covered then why even have a forum? Just make it an informational website only! Some of us don't know this site by heart. I did a search on this forum and the web and didn't find anything. I DID read that when I signed up...I guess I should memorize everything or just go to another forum that the admin doesn't treat you like an idiot every time you ask a question. <_<

Dude, every time I post something you give me crap.
Not sure how three or four is everytime, but hyperbole aside--if you think that's harsh you probably aren't going to like me then. That's my toned down version. You must have glossed over #6 as well.

If EVERYTHING is aready covered then why even have a forum?
No, not everything....not by a long shot. But, we have covered many questions that YOU seem to be asking many, Many, MANY times. But keep building up that scar tissue though. You've asked some questions not already covered and contributed a couple new things already.

Good luck and enjoy the forum. :)

You must have glossed over #6 as well.
Good luck and enjoy the forum. :)
Rule 6...does that mean I should stop whining about your posts or I can call you a dick and you shouldn't be offended by it? :unsure: :)

Rule 6...does that mean I should stop whining about your posts or I can call you a dick and you shouldn't be offended by it? :unsure:
Both are options. But remember #5 and #7 too. ;)

You want help closing your quote tag?

Dude, every time I post something you give me crap. If EVERYTHING is already covered then why even have a forum?
Thank him for pointing out where some of the info is for you to use the next time. As a newbie there are a lot of places where that wouldn't happen. To have people taking the time to show you some excellent references with info in them that a lot of people spent a lot of time submitting is an asset to a gold mine. Why take it personally when someone helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.