MapBoard for my 06 AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbodave_98

TurboDave_98
Reaction score
Getting prepared for the 09 Iron Butt Rally and decided that in addition to my GPS units, I wanted to have a paper map ever handy to aid in navigation. I found Saunders clipboards with a transparent hard board and put two of them back to back. Then I attached a diamond shaped RamMount 1" ball to the board. I attached the board to the right reservoir using a mid-lenght Ram extension attached to a 1" RamBall.

This installation has provided another benefit in that the air and noise in the cockpit area has been further reduced behind the V Stream windscreen.

Check out the picture, not a great one, in the link below.

https://picasaweb.google.com/oldlion1/MapBo...293501893802786

Kinda reminds me of the Sperry's mapboard setup on their Goldwing. IIRC, they used two RAM mounts (one from each handle bar.)

I love it. Simple. Effective. The light's a nice touch too.

Kinda reminds me of the Sperry's mapboard setup on their Goldwing. IIRC, they used two RAM mounts (one from each handle bar.)
I love it. Simple. Effective. The light's a nice touch too.
borrowed from Tom, but less room on the FJR. Is very stable even at 80+ mph and I found at National Geographic Maps, Adventure Map paper, waterproof and tear resistent and color quality paper. sure would be nice to have a small portable color printer to carry as luggage also.