Maryland FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberwolf

Reaction score
So where are all the Maryland FJR riders hiding. I keep seeing them when I am travel for work but when I am out riding mine. Nothing at all.

You just must not be looking in the right place. Several of us live over here in the hilly part of the state.

Last edited by a moderator:
Checking in!

Your looking for us in the wrong state. For me every Maryland ride starts with a 90 minute blast out of town and into Virginia, or better yet West Virginia.

*deleted* User error double post.

90% of my riding is commuting to/from DC. Four young kids preclude much weekend riding (although they are almost old enough to go on longer rides). I get some LD trips in for business and I did get down to NC last week for fun.

Like Flyer, I commute into DC daily, but from Damascus.

Being up northeast, you might also watch for posts from the Pennsy crowd, like Randy, Wild72, etc.

So where are all the Maryland FJR riders hiding. I keep seeing them when I am travel for work but when I am out riding mine. Nothing at all.
Middletown, MD but, since I don't enjoy sitting in traffic, I usually ride southern PA, western MD, or WV. There's some great riding in almost any direction once you get west of Hagerstown. I saw 2 FJRs Monday evening on the Dual Highway in Hagerstown; they passed me in my pickup heading east on I70 around 5:30 PM. Anyone from this forum?

I am all for it. I did see a black FJR in bel air today when I was leaving the verizon store. Would love to catch up with some other riders. Tomorrow I will be out in the Harford/Cecil county area. Will be catching up with some other friends and doing some riding. Any around the area just post or look for a 04 FJR two up with a ugly guy and pretty girl on the back.

I saw another FJR today along River road up through Dickerson/Sugarloaf/Barnesville. Looked like mine but the driver was nowhere near as good looking as me. <_<

A few of us from South Central, PA usually get together about once a month, and ride with a bunch of various ST riders in PA, MD, WV etc. I seem to recall meeting up with you and your wife sometime last year up in North East, MD on a crab cakes riide, and if my aging memory serves right, you had just gotten your FJR.

You are welcome to meet up and ride with us and if you want more info on the upcoming rides, shoot me a PM. I used to run a mailing list keeping people up to date with ride info, and perhaps this is something I should start up again.

Pete

Edit: a few people have already asked to be added to a mailing list, so I am putting together another one. If you wish to be included, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I will begin sending out updates shortly. I will also endeavor to add the ride info to the appropriate section on the forum, so you might want to check that from time to time if you are not on the list.

I saw another FJR today along River road up through Dickerson/Sugarloaf/Barnesville. Looked like mine but the driver was nowhere near as good looking as me. <_<
May've been me spending a couple of hours of leave on the looong way to commute. ;)

May've been me spending a couple of hours of leave on the looong way to commute. ;)

Precisely what I was doing. My 22 mile commute has grown to 40 miles.

Hello from Mt Airy, MD.

I'm looking for local rides in MD, VA, or PA.

Meeting local riders would be greatly appreciated.

Hello from Mt Airy, MD.

I'm looking for local rides in MD, VA, or PA.

Meeting local riders would be greatly appreciated.
I'm on the other side of Frederick Co. from you, just east of Middletown. You can find some great roads & little traffic west of I81; I favor the McConnellsburg, PA- Bedford, PA- Flintstone, MD area for day rides. Pocahontas and Pendleton counties in WV are nice for a weekend getaway. And the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive are always great, just watch out for forest rats on Skyline.

A few of us from South Central, PA usually get together about once a month, and ride with a bunch of various ST riders in PA, MD, WV etc. I seem to recall meeting up with you and your wife sometime last year up in North East, MD on a crab cakes riide, and if my aging memory serves right, you had just gotten your FJR.

You are welcome to meet up and ride with us and if you want more info on the upcoming rides, shoot me a PM. I used to run a mailing list keeping people up to date with ride info, and perhaps this is something I should start up again.

Pete

Edit: a few people have already asked to be added to a mailing list, so I am putting together another one. If you wish to be included, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I will begin sending out updates shortly. I will also endeavor to add the ride info to the appropriate section on the forum, so you might want to check that from time to time if you are not on the list.
Pete. Are you the Pete I met at Russell Flemings North & South Meet last weekend in Maryland?