Master Painter Garauld

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KiloWatts

Reaction score
Just got my side bag covers back from a garauld "overhaul" and couldn't be more pleased. Those guys looked like they had been on a couple of tours in Afghanistan and needed some serious work. I realize that they had character, but after a while I got tired of the question - WTF happened to those? Now they are so pretty I'll be considered a poser.

A couple of words of advice to those of you who don't want to enjoy garauld's excellent painting skills:

1. Don't use the left bag as a sidestand.

2. If you live on a bumpy-ass mountain dirt road, be sure the bags are securely mounted. It's a sick feeling to see a side bag bounce past on a downhill. Security pins now installed.

3. Don't get too close to the entrance booth in Glacier National Park - it's stone and very unfriendly to the finish on the left side cover.

Thanks again Gary. :yahoo:

KW

Just got my side bag covers back from a garauld "overhaul" and couldn't be more pleased. Those guys looked like they had been on a couple of tours in Afghanistan and needed some serious work. I realize that they had character, but after a while I got tired of the question - WTF happened to those? Now they are so pretty I'll be considered a poser.
A couple of words of advice to those of you who don't want to enjoy garauld's excellent painting skills:

1. Don't use the left bag as a sidestand.

2. If you live on a bumpy-ass mountain dirt road, be sure the bags are securely mounted. It's a sick feeling to see a side bag bounce past on a downhill. Security pins now installed.

3. Don't get too close to the entrance booth in Glacier National Park - it's stone and very unfriendly to the finish on the left side cover.

Thanks again Gary. :yahoo:

KW
needpics.gif

I second that KW. Gerauld fixed up my two damaged side covers as well. Got'em back to me very quick too!

Smoke

Latest posts