Maximizing Seat Comfort

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keithaba

Reaction score
I am curious about what other's wear for for pants and underwear on long distance rides. Now, go easy here guys, this is a legitimate question.

I have noticed that IBA members sometimes wear bike shorts (spandex).

I'm curious if they wear these as their underwear? It seems that my arse hurts more because of the seams in my pants, or if my boxers get bunched up and make pressure marks. I can't really tell, but it may also be the seams from the Corbin Saddle. Does spandex help some of these issues?

Now I'm not exactly a huge fan of spandex, but if it will prevent those pressure spots, and eliminate some discomfort, I'm willing to try it.

Any info appreciated, but please no pictures!

Warning NMIS (Not Mental Image Safe).

To those I'm about to see at WFO....I apologize for the detail I'm about to spew.

Purely function....not form my friend. I catch myself in the mirror in my spandex bicycle shorts and get queasy.....mostly because I'm going commando in them.

I'm usually a tidy-whitie guy, but the seams build pressure points and Monkey Butt sucks. I can't stand loose boxers so the Spandex is sort of comforting in a clingy sort of way.

Spandex shorts work well on long rides because they eliminate the seam, usually have some chamois in them to act like an LD Kotex pad, and after a couple days of wearing the same gear you can jump in the shower and soap everything up and have it dry. Finally the black Spandex masks brown streaks like nobody's business. :blink:

To those I'm about to see at WFO....I apologize for the detail I'm about to spew.

Purely function....not form my friend. I catch myself in the mirror in my spandex bicycle shorts and get queasy.....mostly because I'm going commando in them.

I'm usually a tidy-whitie guy, but the seams build pressure points and Monkey Butt sucks. I can't stand loose boxers so the Spandex is sort of comforting in a clingy sort of way.

Spandex shorts work well on long rides because they eliminate the seam, usually have some chamois in them to act like an LD Kotex pad, and after a couple days of wearing the same gear you can jump in the shower and soap everything up and have it dry. Finally the black Spandex masks brown streaks like nobody's business. :blink:
[SIZE=36pt]TMI!!!!!!![/SIZE]

You're killing me.... :lol: :lol:

Bounce will be along soon and give you a lesson in what to wear. It's my understanding he has lots of knowledge in this area.

Last edited by a moderator:

WTMI...

Way Too Much Information here... Oh stop my beating heart.

I'll come all the way out there for WFO if'n you'll pose fer me!!!

Definitely what Ignacio says. I have done a bunch of long distance cycling and that little pad is an ass saver. No underwear though!

Not really in to spandex

I Like Under Armour

1000458_WHT000000WHT.jpg

1000581_red000000wht.jpg

Use it like under wear under the ride gear.

LD comfort shorts. Man day is da bomb! Clicky

Bit pricy, but getting the cotton shorts away from your skin on a long arse ride REALLY helps ALOT. Did I say ALOT? 350 miles is about my average on the stock seat before monkey butt starts to sets in. Usually a burning/pain in the inner thighs. With these shorts, nada at 700 miles. B)

I am curious about what other's wear for for pants and underwear on long distance rides. Now, go easy here guys, this is a legitimate question.
I have noticed that IBA members sometimes wear bike shorts (spandex).

I'm curious if they wear these as their underwear? It seems that my arse hurts more because of the seams in my pants, or if my boxers get bunched up and make pressure marks. I can't really tell, but it may also be the seams from the Corbin Saddle. Does spandex help some of these issues?

Now I'm not exactly a huge fan of spandex, but if it will prevent those pressure spots, and eliminate some discomfort, I'm willing to try it.

Any info appreciated, but please no pictures!
I've been using these, and can recommend them for comfort and quality, and of course all the benefits of the black spandex shorts mentioned by the earlier posters :D

https://www.ldcomfort.com/

productbox-shorts.jpg

David lee roth is going be jumping out from a closet door somewhere in this thread.

I wear the short UnderArmor tee shirt and underwear in the summer, long in the winter. I also occasionally use my padded bicycle shorts which are nice becuase they have the "butt pad" in them. Both of these are great because they "wick" the moisture away but also don't have seams like regular underwear so no wedgies!.

Steve

Well hold on there fellows spandex is nice ,bike shorts ok but way to pricey. On my last ride about a month ago 3k I did a little expermenting with the undies. I used to do long distance cycling and well aware of them. But I have found something equally as good.

I Tried those cotton bun huger boxer shorts,no seam in the crotch, and they worked excellent no problem. Got them from Wally World $6.00 for 4 pair , 1 biker shorts good pair start at $60.00

You decide, me bun hugger all the way.

The nice thing about these wear one time throw away at the end of the day, no laundering them or saving smelly undies in your bags, same with socks. And your load gets smaller and lighter.. :)

Well hold on there fellows spandex is nice ,bike shorts ok but way to pricey. On my last ride about a month ago 3k I did a little expermenting with the undies. I used to do long distance cycling and well aware of them. But I have found something equally as good.
I Tried those cotton bun huger boxer shorts,no seam in the crotch, and they worked excellent no problem. Got them from Wally World $6.00 for 4 pair , 1 biker shorts good pair start at $60.00

You decide, me bun higger all the way.

The nice thing about these wear one time throw away at the end of the day, no laundering them or saving smelly undies in your bags, same with socks. And your load gets smaller and lighter.. :)
OK - that's enough!!!

Sombody PLEASE close this thread...

The mental images are kill'n me...

Could check out this site on 'Coreshorts' developed by physiotherapist and kinesiologist : www.coretection.com

LD comfort shorts. Man day is da bomb! Clicky
Bit pricy, but getting the cotton shorts away from your skin on a long arse ride REALLY helps ALOT. Did I say ALOT? 350 miles is about my average on the stock seat before monkey butt starts to sets in. Usually a burning/pain in the inner thighs. With these shorts, nada at 700 miles. B)
:good: .....hot or cold....simply the best.....