MC Enterprises' Canyon Cage crash bars installed at SoCal Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRgal

Reaction score
Attending my first SoCal Tech Day hosted by Fairlaner it was a real treat to have several experienced FJR owners evaluating,figuring out and coaching me on how to mount these crash bars without even consulting the directions on my 06' FJR. MC Enterprises is now offering these new "Canyon Cage" crash which have are low profile and really compliment the contours of the bike.

Thank you Fairlaner for your hospitality,expertise and the bike lift!!
biggrinsmiley.gif
Thanks to Duff and Ahchiu for more than assisting with the installation....they completed about 90% of the figuring out and installation for me. I apologize for not providing step by step photos of the installaton...my hands were knee deep in allen wrenches, screwdrivers and you know.....tools....not cameras. There are four mounting points for each front crash bar and for those of you that plan to purchase these front cages there is one thing to make special note. The right side cage rear upper bar connection requires more spacers or washers than is provided with the factory hardware. We needed to add an extra 4 washers or about 3/16" to create the proper spacing behind the bar. Also the rear side of this connection point had to be grinded down about 1/8" so it would not block the clutch plate bolt. Special thanks to Duff for his grinding/finishing expertise with the problematic corner ....it fit perfect like it came from the factory when he was finished. Thanks Duff! I have a few photos of the installed product but couldn't figure out how to upload for this thread.
help.gif

Attending my first SoCal Tech Day hosted by Fairlaner it was a real treat to have several experienced FJR owners evaluating,figuring out and coaching me on how to mount these crash bars without even consulting the directions on my 06' FJR. MC Enterprises is now offering these new "Canyon Cage" crash which have are low profile and really compliment the contours of the bike.

Thank you Fairlaner for your hospitality,expertise and the bike lift!!
biggrinsmiley.gif
Thanks to Duff and Ahchiu for more than assisting with the installation....they completed about 90% of the figuring out and installation for me. I apologize for not providing step by step photos of the installaton...my hands were knee deep in allen wrenches, screwdrivers and you know.....tools....not cameras. There are four mounting points for each front crash bar and for those of you that plan to purchase these front cages there is one thing to make special note. The right side cage rear upper bar connection requires more spacers or washers than is provided with the factory hardware. We needed to add an extra 4 washers or about 3/16" to create the proper spacing behind the bar. Also the rear side of this connection point had to be grinded down about 1/8" so it would not block the clutch plate bolt. Special thanks to Duff for his grinding/finishing expertise with the problematic corner ....it fit perfect like it came from the factory when he was finished. Thanks Duff! I have a few photos of the installed product but couldn't figure out how to upload for this thread.
help.gif

You need to load your pics on a pic hosting site, such as photobucket, or dropbox and then use the IMAGE icon to insert the link to the location of your pictures... I hope you can get them posted as we'd like to see them..