Me and my farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Epperson

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who has shared their farkles and how to's. :yahoo:

Here's some pix of the ones I have done and links to my website for more details.

In the tail cone

AmpliRider, aux power, tail lights

fjr_tailPowerBracket_20090513_000.JPG

Lighting "my rear"

fjr_tailLights_20090521_001.JPG

Audiovox

Here's what the fuel rail looks like off intake

fjr_fuelRail_20090423_010.JPG

Control pad mount

fjr_ccs100_20090428_012.JPG

The next to come is auxiliary lights

Again thanks for all the help :clapping:

Roy

editted - fixed URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Roy........ nice triple tree clamp riser ya got there....... ;>

looks custom built......... I like it!! :rolleyes: B) :lol: :lol:

your bike looks great Roy.

B.

What is the setup with the Ampli-Rider and the Autocomm system? Is that so you can get more music volume from helmet speakers?

Boomer, your link starts with "roy:9080..."
No wonder it worked on my network.... I clicked on the links and didn't look at the URL.... Thanks.

Do you and your wife communicate bike to bike on the Autocom? I want to buy that setup for my wife and me.
Yes, we do. We have Kenwood GMRS/FRS radios and we use it in VOX mode. Been using the system for about 2 years on the current bikes and the previous ones/

What is the setup with the Ampli-Rider and the Autocomm system? Is that so you can get more music volume from helmet speakers?
Three reasons: 1) more volume for lower level songs, 2) can run the MP3 at a lower volume saving battery power 12 hour days verses 8 hours, and 3) easier to adjust volume. We have Sansas which have the dial you have to turn to adjust volume (and scroll menus) and with my medium and winter gloves, it is next to impossible to set the volume were I'd like it. Gary (who makes AmpliRider) upgraded our two units so they had a higher output at no cost.

Three reasons: 1) more volume for lower level songs, 2) can run the MP3 at a lower volume saving battery power 12 hour days verses 8 hours, and 3) easier to adjust volume. We have Sansas which have the dial you have to turn to adjust volume (and scroll menus) and with my medium and winter gloves, it is next to impossible to set the volume were I'd like it. Gary (who makes AmpliRider) upgraded our two units so they had a higher output at no cost.
Did he make it go to 11?

I really enjoyed your web-site Roy. It looks like you've had some great rides!
Thanks on the web-site. Yes, we've had a lota fun with the bikes seeing the countryside. It has been even better since I got the FJR from Roadstar. 600 mile days are just like I just got on the bike. Where with the R* 400 was pushing it. Same for my wife moving from the VStar 1100 to the VStar 1300. No comparison in bikes!

Are you coming to WFO-8 in Moscow? We'll be there and then heading for Jasper.

Roy