Message From South Seattle Yamaha

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azokie

Reaction score
The message below is what I received Nov 22 from South Seattle Sports Plaza. I have ordered several parts and accessories from them and received quick and reliable delivery and great prices. This message provides a heads up as to what other dealers will be facing after the first of the year which would point to lower discounts. If you have not tried South Seattle Yamaha for parts or accessories give them a try. I have no financial interest in South Seattle--just a happy customer.

yamahasportsplaza.com

"Dear valued customer, we here at South Seattle Sports Plaza are faced with a dilemma that has us torn between some directions in which we need to move to further provide you with all your motor-sports needs. First question is, do we drop our current discount to between 15 and 20 percent like all the other dealers, giving that extra profit to Google and Yahoo to stay in the top positions of their search pages? Or do we keep our discount at 27 percent and cut our expenses on search engines and hope our customers keep spreading the word to receive the volume of business we need to support that high of a discount.

On Yamaha’s last price update Oct 1st, they not only did a major price increase but they also dropped the dealers’ profit margins on thousands of items. One example is the new Star custom wheel kits. The front wheel for a Road Star, part number 5C7-f54E0-V0-00, retail is 1449.95 and dealer cost is 1087.50. Our price is 1087.46 on our website. This is like many other accessories items that have 25% or fewer profit margins and we loose money. But that’s the bad news. In these times things have increasingly slowed and we are in need your business and that of your friends now and in the future.

So for the good news, we are going to leave the 25% discount on accessories where it is and has been for the last couple years and increase the parts discount to 30%. We will keep these prices till February and then change the parts discount to 25% and the accessories discount to 22%. I would also like to add that right now our Star inventory is well stocked and we have a lot of items that Yamaha even has on backorder. Also when ordering parts if you see something that says backorder we still might be able to get it out of Japan or even have it in stock. If you order a backorder item and it will be awhile before available, we will contact you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas."

Thank You,

Dan McVeigh

yamahasportsplaza.com

ysppart.com

allyamaha.com

onlyyamaha.com

I wonder if that is a bunch of hooey.

I get up to 40% discounts on parts through various other vendors.

Tell you what, get your part #s that you ordered above and compare prices. Try Gary McCoy at Mondak Motorsports (You have to call or email),

Or, try one of these vendors:

Zanotti

Yamaha Sports Center

Flat Out

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanna know why FZ6 oil filters are ALWAYS pricier than FJR ones

...not that it matters

...not that it matters
Uhm....the percentage of female owners???? :eek:

[SIZE=12pt]Just kidding!!!![/SIZE]

:wub: Hugs and kisses.....

Seriously, Barb, are you doing your own maintenance or using an independent motorcycle shop (other than Yamaha)? Are there other spin-on filters that will fit?

azokie, have you tried a price comparison with any of the sources listed HERE.

...not that it matters
Uhm....the percentage of female owners???? :eek:

[SIZE=12pt]Just kidding!!!![/SIZE]

:wub: Hugs and kisses.....

Seriously, Barb, are you doing your own maintenance or using an independent motorcycle shop (other than Yamaha)? Are there other spin-on filters that will fit?
hahaha...

Felt bad for this one (young) guy locally. He bought an FZ6 just like mine and was at the local "sport bike ride night" that ponies up at a gas station I go to. I pulled in for gas, saw a couple friends and stayed for a bit of a chat with them.

Well, this poor kid...These guys were oooohing and awing over his new ride, then when I showed, their chatter turned to "hey man, you bought a chick bike".

Anyways...I do my own general maintenance (fluids etc) and it seems no matter where I go for filters etc, the one for the FZ is always more $. Just seems weird. I run OEM filters and hunt yamaha/yammie aftermarket sites, but usually just go to my stealer and pick them up (then to the Kawi dealer for crush washers as their crush washers fit better - also weird)

Ok, admittedly, maybe it's just "me" that is weird...*shrug*...dunno ;)

Well, this poor kid...These guys were oooohing and awing over his new ride, then when I showed, their chatter turned to "hey man, you bought a chick bike".
If the kid was sharp, his comeback should've been: "Yeah, but it's a hot chick's bike!"

[SIZE=8pt]yep, on very rare occasions, I can be smoooooth.....[/SIZE]

As was suggested and just to check for future parts source, I took two part numbers and made a comparison:

OEM oil filter 5JW-13440-00-00 and OEM drain bolt gasket 214-1198-01-00

The price results, exclusive of shipping:

South Seattle: oil filter $7.11; drain gasket $.95

Flatout: oil filter $7.51; drain gasket Not Found

Yamaha Sport Center: oil filter $7.25; drain gasket $.99

Zanotti's: oil filter Not found; drain gasket Not Found

Perhaps Zanotti's web page waqs not functioning because it could not find the Yamaha parts and wanted to default to Harley parts.

This only shows that South Seattle was a bit better price than the other three for those two parts and was able to list the parts for which I was looking. The others may have better pricing for different parts but I will continue to check South Seattle as well as the others suggested for good prices, easy internet ordering and a full line of all OEM parts. Hopefully, this exercise well benefit others searching for parts and prices.

The message below is what I received Nov 22 from South Seattle Sports Plaza. I have ordered several parts and accessories from them and received quick and reliable delivery and great prices. This message provides a heads up as to what other dealers will be facing after the first of the year which would point to lower discounts. If you have not tried South Seattle Yamaha for parts or accessories give them a try. I have no financial interest in South Seattle--just a happy customer.
yamahasportsplaza.com

"Dear valued customer, we here at South Seattle Sports Plaza are faced with a dilemma that has us torn between some directions in which we need to move to further provide you with all your motor-sports needs. First question is, do we drop our current discount to between 15 and 20 percent like all the other dealers, giving that extra profit to Google and Yahoo to stay in the top positions of their search pages? Or do we keep our discount at 27 percent and cut our expenses on search engines and hope our customers keep spreading the word to receive the volume of business we need to support that high of a discount.

On Yamaha’s last price update Oct 1st, they not only did a major price increase but they also dropped the dealers’ profit margins on thousands of items. One example is the new Star custom wheel kits. The front wheel for a Road Star, part number 5C7-f54E0-V0-00, retail is 1449.95 and dealer cost is 1087.50. Our price is 1087.46 on our website. This is like many other accessories items that have 25% or fewer profit margins and we loose money. But that’s the bad news. In these times things have increasingly slowed and we are in need your business and that of your friends now and in the future.

So for the good news, we are going to leave the 25% discount on accessories where it is and has been for the last couple years and increase the parts discount to 30%. We will keep these prices till February and then change the parts discount to 25% and the accessories discount to 22%. I would also like to add that right now our Star inventory is well stocked and we have a lot of items that Yamaha even has on backorder. Also when ordering parts if you see something that says backorder we still might be able to get it out of Japan or even have it in stock. If you order a backorder item and it will be awhile before available, we will contact you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas."

Thank You,

Dan McVeigh

yamahasportsplaza.com

ysppart.com

allyamaha.com

onlyyamaha.com

For some reason Zanotti's parts look-up is not working for Yamaha parts. If they still sell them, I guarantee they will be cheaper 90% of the time. (And my experience is their shipping costs are very reasonable) Still, your best bet is Gary McCoy. Most likely the BEST price on any part along with the BEST customer service.

I have a spread sheet from previous price comparisons for my 04 FJR, here's some of that info along with your vendor:

Oil Filter from Zanotti: $7.20 drain gasket: $.54

Front Subframe 5VS-28356-00-00

Zanotti - $205.37

Flat Out - $217.78

YSC - $225.59

South Seattle - 241.14

Mn Wiring Harness 5JW-82590-40-00

Zanotti - $283.90

Flat Out - $298.66

YSC - $311.86

South Seattle - $305.55

Cam Chn Tensnr 5JW-12210-01-00

Zanotti - $52.59

Flat Out - $59.23

YSC - $57.25

South Seattle - $61.73

So I'll give up the dime on the oil fiter to save the big bucks on the real-man parts. ;)

Still, it never hurts to check several vendors as sometimes there is an aberration and one is much cheaper than another.

But.......check out prices with Gary McCoy!!!!!

If the kid was sharp, his comeback should've been: "Yeah, but it's a hot chick's bike!"

[SIZE=8pt]yep, on very rare occasions, I can be smoooooth.....[/SIZE]
...and cute :)

Thanks!

I run OEM filters and hunt yamaha/yammie aftermarket sites, but usually just go to my stealer and pick them up (then to the Kawi dealer for crush washers as their crush washers fit better - also weird)
If you're willing to buy your filters 4 (or more) at a time, you can probably save some money using Gary McCoy. (Uhm...you have to cover the cost of postage...but there may be fees for crossing the border.).

Latest posts