Met Klaus Today @ Wilbers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahlr

Reaction score
Went to Wilbers USA today and picked up my shock set up. Very nice piece. I used the pics you guys provided and he reoriented the hoses as shown in the pics. He kept the printout to use in the future. He got a chuckle out of covering the parts w/ tape to avoid scratching. Think he'll be doing that as well. Going to tackle the job after vacation. :D

He was impressed by the pic,and actually asked me for it, I didn't volunteer it. He was wondering about the masking tape, I advised what it was for and what type, he smiles. I'll bet there will be tape @ Wilbers USA now... ;)

Which pic (post here?)...

...did Klaus say anything about the springs "going bad" on some people. Quite a few at WFO4 who got the Wilbers are looking at upgrading the spring. (ok, well maybe "Quite a few" is an overstatement, maybe "several" is more acurate) :unsure:

I'd like to know about the Wilber's spring deal as well as I'd like to order a new rear shock for my 04 FJR this winter (the Vermont winters are a bit longish) but the shock spring deal on some of those in the group buy has me holding off. What do they say? :huh:

Maybe call Klaus, I didn't get the front springs because of a front fork issue I had w/ the bike. I have the YES and if it reoccurrs, don't want Yamaha to bow out blaming the new springs or the install.