Metal cleaning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redcat

Reaction score
Hello FJR'rs!

Going to give the FJR a good clean tomorrow and was wondering about the unpainted metal, ie handlebars, exposed frame, wheels etc (not the chrome as I know this needs special care). Does this take metal polish of the bare metal variety (autosol in UK) or is it treated or coated in some way so that the actual metal lies beneath a sealant?

All the best to you all :)

Hello FJR'rs!
Going to give the FJR a good clean tomorrow and was wondering about the unpainted metal, ie handlebars, exposed frame, wheels etc (not the chrome as I know this needs special care). Does this take metal polish of the bare metal variety (autosol in UK) or is it treated or coated in some way so that the actual metal lies beneath a sealant?

Your bike has chrome on it? :blink:

Hello FJR'rs!

Hal you bike has chrome too. The dirt is just covering it up. :D

Hey man.. Just in case you didn't know.. A clean bike is a ghey ahem..A Scooter bike here..

Damn. whatever happened to lurking before ya sign up here? :lol:

:jester:

Hello FJR'rs!

Hal you bike has chrome too. The dirt is just covering it up. :D
Nope.

Tain't nun on my FJR! :angry:

Cept' for the funky Harly-esqe cruise pegs. And MAYBE a little on some of the screw heads in my BlueSea fuseblock.

But tain't none from the factory. Nope.

I don't think there is any metal on the bike that requires a "polish" , soap and water, or "all surface" window cleaner works fine.

If were thinking about polishing the handlebars, you need to ride more............

KM

Hello FJR'rs!

Unpainted metal, ie handlebars, frame, wheels?????

Other than the exhausts, the clutch and brake lever, I can't think of much else that's not painted. Some good automotive spray cleaner/wax should do on almost all of the bike. Most of the time I use the old Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish.

GP