Metal Valve Stems

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3dogs

Reaction score
I going to do some beta test for Kisan Technologies new tire pressure monitors. One unique feature about this new product is that the pressure transducer screws on to the wheel's valve stem instead of using giant hose clamp that goes around the entire wheel to mount the pressure sender.

I need to fit metal valve stems to my FJR. I looked on line and there seems to be a variety of sizes (diameters). Does anyone know what size the FJR takes (diameter and lenght). TIA. Tracy...

I going to do some beta test for Kisan Technologies new tire pressure monitors. One unique feature about this new product is that the pressure transducer screws on to the wheel's valve stem instead of using giant hose clamp that goes around the entire wheel to mount the pressure sender.
I need to fit metal valve stems to my FJR. I looked on line and there seems to be a variety of sizes (diameters). Does anyone know what size the FJR takes (diameter and lenght). TIA. Tracy...

Try sportbike effects (forum member) for 90 degree valve stems. They are aluminum.

The 90 degree stems from Bike Effects work very well.

I installed them on my last tire change and am very very happy with them.

-MD

I'm not sure of how you are trying to do this but here is what the product I sell looks like:
90° Machined aluminum valve stems from SportbikeEffects

I’m getting ready to put a new set of tires on and will be purchasing the 90 degree valve stems from Bike Effects.

Is there a preferred method on the way they are installed? In line with the wheel’s centerline or pointed outward.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having them inline with the wheel's centerline or pointing outward?

Thanks for your input.

HIS2006

I’m getting ready to put a new set of tires on and will be purchasing the 90 degree valve stems from Bike Effects.
Is there a preferred method on the way they are installed? In line with the wheel’s centerline or pointed outward.

Are there any advantages or disadvantages to having them inline with the wheel's centerline or pointing outward?

Thanks for your input.

HIS2006
I don't think there is a required or prefered method but whatever is to your liking. I have a set I've picked up and will install on my next tire change, I plan to install them both facing to the right so that when the bike is on the side stand I can get to them easier.

Latest posts