Metzler Z6 Interacts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BkrK12

Reaction score
Several months ago, some people indicated that they were about to buy, or had just bought, these new tires. I haven't seen any longer term feedback on them. Does anyone have any substantial experience with them yet. I'm thinking about them as a substitute for Michelin PR2s. The front PR2s are just about impossible to find. The expected availability date for the PR2 fronts is 8/19 to 9/2. But, none of the dealers I have spoken to seem to have any confidence that Michelin will meet those expectations. So, I'm in the "looking for alternatives" business.

Love 'em; truly a great-handling tire. After 3,500 miles, they hardly look worn at all. This is the tire I'll stick with for this bike.

Several months ago, some people indicated that they were about to buy, or had just bought, these new tires. I haven't seen any longer term feedback on them. Does anyone have any substantial experience with them yet. I'm thinking about them as a substitute for Michelin PR2s. The front PR2s are just about impossible to find. The expected availability date for the PR2 fronts is 8/19 to 9/2. But, none of the dealers I have spoken to seem to have any confidence that Michelin will meet those expectations. So, I'm in the "looking for alternatives" business.
I know what you mean it's a PITA finding PR2s when you need them. But the Z6 Interacts have that stupid slick patch in the center, and the last time I ran a tire with that kind of tread design it was very annoying in any kind of wet (even a little wet) road conditions, because the tire would always slip and slide just enough to unsettle you...

I wasnt impressed with the OEM Z6's on my bike but I cant say I hated them , They did chop out and wear at wierd angles , like one side of the tyre was normal round shape but the right hand side on front and rear was very angled and flat .

11,000 kms both tyres were US .

PR2's all the way , I dont know what Michelin are up to because it seems every where in the world PR2's are not as common as the Road Sports which in my opinion would be to soft for the FJ.

I put the Interacts on in April after wearing out the original Z6s in 12000 mi. So far I am super pleased with the Interacts after about 2500 mi. They seem more responsive in the twisties than the Z6s, and like the originals, they always seem glued to the pavement. I've ridden both tires in some heavy duty rain - at speed and in twisties - and I've never had a wobble.

I'll have a better idea next summer about tire life but so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try sportbiketrackgear.com. I ordered a set a month ago and they were on my porch the next day. PR2's that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine are at 16K km right now and they'll probably last another 5K. Front is wearing thin in the centre. Some slab riding in the past 2 weeks. I've been riding through upstate NY, PA, MD, OH, WV, KY, TN, NC and back up the BRP.

We've had some rain and mostly lots of heat. No wobbles, skids or anything to worry about. I find them stable even on tar patched (tar strips) roads contrary to the BT21s.