Michelin Motorcycle Tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find the site to be useful?

I'm going with Pilot Powers for my next Iron Butt Ride.

JW

Did you find the site to be useful?
I'm going with Pilot Powers for my next Iron Butt Ride.

JW
Sounds like you're not going very far . . . . .I limped home from LOE last year with the PPs, Almost made 3500 miles on 'em.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked the Pilot Roads when I tried them years ago. Better grip and handling than the Battleaxes, and hands down beats Dunflops (God, I HATE Dunlop tires!!!!) The Avon storms (and former Azarro) were superior handling tires, IMO. Life was about the same--hard to tell for sure.

Would buy the PR's again if Avons were not available in a pinch.

The concept of the PR2's kind of bother me. Sure, on the surface you would think a harder tire would extend tire life when slabbing, but I want full traction on the stoppers too. Will trade tire life for traction any day.

Best wet grip of top six tires. Old bridgestone, new bridgestone, same difference. Conti- not that good. D220 no mileage. Strada, more sport than touring on the FJR. Where are the Avons? Hard to believe they didn't add these? Makes you wonder. But all that said I might try them after 3 sets of Avons. Just to be sure that Avons are still the bomb.