Michelin PR2s back in stock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaulinAshe

Reaction score
My usual and favorite supplier, SWMotoTires.com, has both the Michelin Pilot Road-2 tire sizes back in stock. The rears have been hard to find at any decent price lately.

The new price is something like $289 for the pair. So finally at last, I'll be doing a HaulinAshe review on the PR2. Probably too late for many, but better late than never.

:)

I'll be looking forward to your comments. Based on a Price versus Performance comparison; I think it will be damned hard to beat the Dunlop RoadSmarts. If memory serves, you've had two sets of those to evaluate. Maybe you'll have some good reviews by the time of EOM.

Tear 'em up!!

I'm curious to see what ol HA has to say.. I now have 2,800 on pr2's front/rear, mostly slab. I'll keep my thoughts private at this point until Jeff reports back.

I've got PR2's on the blackbird. About 4500 miles on them, and the rear looks like it will go at least another 1000.

I'll be interested to see how many miles you get out of them on the feej. If you get 5k I'll be seriously impressed!

I probably am the only one but, I hate my PR2 tires. They will be the longest lasting tires I've hade on the FJR but, They Are by far the noisiest ones also. I chased Petey through arkansas for 450 miles with a PR2 rear and Old avon storm and by the time that day was done the rear had started a rumble at anything off center, except for the edge. I think they wear wierd at the transistion of the two rubber compounds. That said I have 8k on the rear and 4.5 k on the front now after my trip west. The rear still has life left. The front has LOTS of life. I payed 45 bucks for the rear and 116 for my front. Tire place owed me a tire on the first and the front I had done later right before the trip. I pressure check tires everytime I ride. I thought maybe that. but the FJR is ridden 70 percent two up and packed. My storm had a better wear pattern and so did regular Roads.

But, that is just me. I want tires that grip reasonable, but, last. Nobody makes them in sport sizes. IMHO

I probably am the only one but, I hate my PR2 tires. They will be the longest lasting tires I've hade on the FJR but, They Are by far the noisiest ones also. I chased Petey through arkansas for 450 miles with a PR2 rear and Old avon storm and by the time that day was done the rear had started a rumble at anything off center, except for the edge. I think they wear wierd at the transistion of the two rubber compounds. That said I have 8k on the rear and 4.5 k on the front now after my trip west. The rear still has life left. The front has LOTS of life. I payed 45 bucks for the rear and 116 for my front. Tire place owed me a tire on the first and the front I had done later right before the trip. I pressure check tires everytime I ride. I thought maybe that. but the FJR is ridden 70 percent two up and packed. My storm had a better wear pattern and so did regular Roads.But, that is just me. I want tires that grip reasonable, but, last. Nobody makes them in sport sizes. IMHO
I'm experiencing the same as you with same riding stats. They do get noisy and you can feel the tread wear just off center as you stated. I'm rethinking the regular ROADS now. The ROADS 2's I'm thinking, don't handle the extra weight as well! When new, they were great, but aren't they all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking into buying a set as well. Wasn't going to until I noticed they made some for the SPORT TOURING world.

Its catching on..... :yahoo:

I hope all you guys considering the old Pilot Roads, are planning on mounting them on trucks. Because that's where they belong!

:)