micro fiber rag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kid41

Reaction score
I have heard of this micro fiber rag for a while now, people saying how is was great, anyway i was able to get my hands on one, wow what and awsome invention, i got mine from a website in Canada, but they are also available pretty much anywhere.

The best thing for me since i got black paint there are no streaks left behind.

Thaught id share this with the forum members that may have not yet heard of this!!!!

I can say this works

https://www.streakfree.ca/

I get my micro-fiber towels from Wally-World. 12 to a bag, bout $4, I think.

I've been cruising an Acura forum lately as I have a new (to me at least) cage that I want to take good care of. Those guys on the Acura forum are a bunch of anal mothers! I was shamed into ordering a bundle of 6 waffle pattern microfiber towels for my new ride. They swear they are the greatest.

I've been cruising an Acura forum lately as I have a new (to me at least) cage that I want to take good care of. Those guys on the Acura forum are a bunch of anal mothers! I was shamed into ordering a bundle of 6 waffle pattern microfiber towels for my new ride. They swear they are the greatest.
Not sure if it is true or not, but I have read (marketing?) that not all microfiber is created equal. Just like cotton towels, there are different levels of quality.

Don't know if that is true or not, or if it really matters. I have both cheap, and some $$$ microfiber. And I can tell you the $$$ stuff definitely feels softer that the cheap stuff. No scientific examination. Just an observation. Worth what you paid for it.

Edit: Found the following - more than you wanted to know about microfiber. Hype and marketing? Or fact? I have no idea.

Clicky HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
"micro fiber rag"...why did I think of a "sanitary napkin" when I read that? Hey, note to self, I bet half the population would pay a premium for a super soft "micro fiber rag".

In other wax/polish threads, Adam's Polishes has been mentioned.

If you're looking for some high end, super plush microfiber towels, then order some from them.

I ordered a few for my "moto only" work, not to be confused with those used for my truck or around the house.

Big difference when compared to the costco/walmart versions. In the end it may not make a bit of difference, but somehow it makes me feel better. Hehehehe, I said "in the end". ^_^

"micro fiber rag"...why did I think of a "sanitary napkin" when I read that? Hey, note to self, I bet half the population would pay a premium for a super soft "micro fiber rag".
We'd pay more for the micro-monkey that those would be intended for.

Face shield - baby wipes. :)
Doesn't that smell like ass? I can't stand the smell of baby wipes. It just conjurs the image of stinky ass.
Use the rag on the face shield first.
Doh' That explains the visual impairment.

Not sure if it is true or not, but I have read (marketing?) that not all microfiber is created equal. Just like cotton towels, there are different levels of quality.

Don't know if that is true or not, or if it really matters. I have both cheap, and some $$$ microfiber. And I can tell you the $$$ stuff definitely feels softer that the cheap stuff. No scientific examination. Just an observation. Worth what you paid for it.

Edit: Found the following - more than you wanted to know about microfiber. Hype and marketing? Or fact? I have no idea.

Clicky HERE.
I have heard that there is a difference. I have gone the high end route and hope it works out.

Adam's products are awesome - his new Super Plush Microfiber towels are the best I've ever used, or seen. I've tried most everything out there when it comes to detailing. While your at it pick up some of his "Detailing Spray" for wiping down your bike after a good wash. I've used his waxes and everything the last few years and have been very impressed.

https://www.adamspolishes.com/c-5-microfiber-products.aspx

I've found differences between brands of microfibers too, but wanted to add that even though they are supposed to be disposable, they go through the clothes washer just fine. Personally, the cloth baby diapers are still king, though.